1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headroom

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by skierrob, Sep 13, 2023.

1. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Rav Prime might be a better choice if you are worrried.

2. Mr.Vanvandenburg

Mr.Vanvandenburg Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Wouldn’t want to argue with them. Everyone 6’ to 6’8” seems to say there is one or two inches of headroom. No mention of how many notches, you said a notch, one. Not arguing with you either. You are correct. All these bigger folks buying Priuses’s.

3. Preebee

Preebee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Start tilting that seat back a little and you gain headroom with the quickness.

4. ATHiker

ATHiker Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    IMG_2980.jpeg IMG_2983.jpeg IMG_2984.jpeg So I went back and discovered that with a moderate rake of the seat (a bit more than feels natural, but OK) do in fact have 1/2 inch clearance between my head and the bar which divides the front and rear roof windows.

But if I move the seat forward (a bit more than feels natural, but OK) I do fit under the front sunshade. If I open the sunshade I have a good deal of room.

My next task is to find a car without the glass roof, since I feel I am right at the limit, and who knows — my hair could grow back, right?

If I were to find go dans glass roof, I would not be able to get the tip of the line Prime model, right? What then would I have to do without option Wise? Just back seat stuff?

bisco likes this.
  5. Preebee

Preebee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    That seems awfully tight! You are 100% certain your seat is on the floor?

Here's some more info:

https: //http://www.reddit.com/r/prius/comments/11omwkk/2023_headroom/

I wear a "long" sports jacket.

#25 Preebee, Sep 15, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2023
  6. ATHiker

ATHiker Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Seat was definitely on floor — went to see two different Primes at 2 different dealerships and am familiar with operation from my 2016 4 Touring.

I am long-waisted (6-2 with 32 in inseam) but definitely fit better in our 2016 and 2010.

7. Preebee

Preebee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    That glass roof must make a huge difference. I'm in the LE (manual seat) with plenty headroom to spare. My inseam is 33. I'm 6'3 barefoot.

8. GeoJ

GeoJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    I think headroom is actually more of an issue for a shorter person (5'3" or less) who needs the seat way forward.

bisco likes this.
  9. MyPriusMarvin

MyPriusMarvin Member

You could get a top of the line Prime but get the solar roof, I think. There’s no sunshade or anything like that.

10. 23PriLE

23PriLE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    After reading your comment I had to go measure. I'm about 5'3" and I have the seat height up all the way in my LE and seat pulled forward, though certainly not all the way forward. I also like a fairly upright seat back.

I have a full 6" between my head the headliner. Obviously, it would be less if I had the sunroof.

On a side note, I've been rather perplexed by all the reviewer comments about the steering wheel blocking the view of the MID display. I can see mine clearly without any blockage. I did lower the steering wheel some but it's not down all the way either. The arc of the wheel does cover the very lowest section of the MID screen but nothing is displayed in that portion, no indicator lights or anything.

Preebee likes this.
  11. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I think when you’re a reviewer, you try to be objective. But it’s still a subjective point of view.
    When you’re an owner, it’s purely subjective

12. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    I will admit, I was slightly worried after the slew of reviewers complaints of the steering wheel blocking the info display and likewise hatred by reviewers and people on here alike of all the nagging safety features on the new Prime.

let me say this, I drove 250 miles home from picking up the car yesterday and left every single safety feature on and did not think they were over bearing at all and they all served a purpose. Likewise, I had zero issues seeing the info display and simply lowered the steering wheel slightly lower than I would in my previous car with no issues whatsoever. I can still even hold the steering wheel with one hand like I sometimes do on the top and the attention camera thing that spies on us still has a perfect field of view to see if you are indeed paying attention.

Edit: forgot this was a headroom thread, backseat, definitely lower than before although it works perfectly fine for me and my family. Love the glass roof. Rav Prime might might be a better choice if you are super tall.

Preebee and bisco like this.
  13. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    did i congratulate you yet? all the best, i'm sure you'll have many years of happy ownership!

Blizzard_Persona likes this.