1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Health benefits of driving a Prius...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by j24816, May 18, 2006.

1. LowCO2

LowCO2 New Member

I don't know - I think it's making me more anti-social. At my daughters soccer game last wknd. I decided to lay down on a hill nearby and not congregate with all the other parents (that drove their SUVs or Luxury cars) :D

2. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rancid13 @ May 18 2006, 03:37 PM) [snapback]257724[/snapback]</div>
    I just realized that I'd forgotten to post my "I heart traffic" picture from that day...
    [​IMG]

3. eanda9000

eanda9000 New Member

In my wrx I drove in a very dominant aggressive manner. The car promoted the later and enable the former. I had no care or clue to my mpg, just filled her up ever other day with premium. But at some point I started thinking that I was spending a lot of time at the pump. In the Prius, I go with traffic not around it. The funny thing is that I find that I don't loose that much time driving slower since the flow of traffic limits what you can do at some point - even if you go faster, you eventually get pulled back to flow. Also, when I am in very heavy traffic caused by wrecks or road closings you can focus on gas mileage and watch the energy flows which gets your mind off the wasted time.

Power is fun and its own reward. Speed too. I do miss it from time to time, but while I drive over 100 miles a day, piece of mind is better for me. Flooring a Prius is not that exciting once you have driven sports cars, there is really no point actually. I rarely floor my car now if ever. Why bother. Kills me to see the mpg bar glued to the bottom of the screen.

The prius is pretty quite so it is a good environment to chill to music, XM Radio in my case.