1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Healthy lifestyle progress

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by marjflowers, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Dec 5 2006, 06:08 PM) [snapback]358199[/snapback]</div>
    Understood on that distinction.

Just trying to say humans and animals' muscle system are the first hybrids in concept.

Driving a Prius today has one thing in common with the horse-and-buggy days of a hundred years ago - if you drove full throttle, you get exhaustion.

Humans (and animals) are not designed to go full throttle for a sustained period of time - it would not be healthy.

When I see guys speeding around on the roads, it seems less natural than a race horse on steroids. :blink:

Hybrid cars are closer to nature than conventional vehicles - that's what I was trying to say.

Guess I'm done on this point.

2. EricGo

EricGo New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Dec 5 2006, 09:13 PM) [snapback]358224[/snapback]</div>
    I wash all veggies with water, and if I feel any kind of slimyness, with soap too so that any non-water based pesticides are removed. Then I happily eat the peel. For one, I like the taste, and second, that is where a lot of the nutritional value is for many a veggie.

I know discarding peel is culturally prevalent in the US, but nowhere else I have visited in the world. IMO, it is just one more poor dietary habit best changed.

As for removing seeds from veggies -- I had never heard of that. I can tell you after eating seeds for years though, that not one has sprouted ;-)

3. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Dec 5 2006, 08:13 PM) [snapback]358224[/snapback]</div>
    I think the term you're looking for is "peel," as in "peel a cucumber." But I totally got what you were saying...

Thanks for the recipe. I'm gonna have to try it!