1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Heard from an inside source: Chevy Volt is real

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by naterprius, Jan 25, 2007.

1. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Feb 11 2007, 02:23 PM) [snapback]388577[/snapback]</div>
    Your point is well taken and is noted. However, why am I being singled out for my condescending attitude toward porkfriedrice? Several other posters are guilty of the same.

2. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Feb 11 2007, 05:51 PM) [snapback]388553[/snapback]</div>
    Well, you know... Defining the American people (those living in the US) as a race does fit the definition of the word. Many words have a multitude of meanings other than just the most emotionally charged meaning.

I honestly don't see that his use of the word "race" deserved the slapping you attempted to give him.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("Merriam-Webster online dictionary")</div>

3. jimmylozza

jimmylozza New Member

Is it possible that the Volt will be a rebranded Toyota vehicle - like the Prizm was? I remember hearing some talk a few months back about Toyota and GM getting together as a company, but, perhaps is was a more simple exercise like a shared hybrid platform.

4. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marlin @ Feb 11 2007, 03:00 PM) [snapback]388589[/snapback]</div>
    You can parse words and play semantics as much as you want, but that is not how the word Race is perceived in this country.

If porkfriedrice wanted to convey the meaning that you want to attribute to the word in the context that it appears, he should have used the word National or Citizen. In the United States in everyday use the word Race is most commonly understood to mean:
    As is, the use of the word by the OP brought to my mind images of the Master Race and White Supremacists. I am sure that I was not alone.

5. kdailey356

kdailey356 New Member

Why can't we just get along, and talk about the Chevrolet Volt and dis-regard offsetting topics?

6. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Feb 11 2007, 09:06 PM) [snapback]388623[/snapback]</div>
    This is just totally bizarre. There is not a single thing in PorkFriedRice's post outside that one sentence of "its a sad day for the american race to see such rampant anti-american orientation" that could possibly support your leap to seeing racist undertones in his post. Even that sentence and the use of "american race" seems more inclusive than divisive (at least as far as white, black, hispanic, etc goes).

Go ahead, point out any other sentence in his post that gives even the slightest hint of racist undertones that would justify you slapping him down as if he was a Klan member or some neo-Nazi. (Oh, and the fact that he supports GM doesn't count)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("PorkFriedRice")</div>

7. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

lol, ok, so it seems that GM fans are coming here to convince us to buy GM or something?

Wth?

and Lithium-Ion batteries in Volt are not real. They dont exist at all right now. Hence the whole car, at this point, is design excercise.

I do find it ridicilous that some GM fans have made it their mission to visit Prius forums and spread GM religion on us.

Especially in Hybrid forums, with GM breaking their promises, year on year, about delivering an hybrid vehicle of their own.

GM - START SELLING THE HYBRID. And then talk about it.

8. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jan 27 2007, 07:28 PM) [snapback]381826[/snapback]</div>
    Just a VERY small nit to pick. The EV1 was the ONLY vehicle ever to be badged "GM." It was not a "Saturn" vehicle, though the Saturn dealerships distributed it. Little bit of trivia for you. The EV1 is the only vehicle to carry no other subdivision badge - just GM.

9. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CapeCodPrius @ Feb 11 2007, 09:15 PM) [snapback]388627[/snapback]</div>
    Hi Cape Cod,

Ok, I appologize. Tell Harry Braun I apologize too....

10. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Feb 11 2007, 11:15 PM) [snapback]388720[/snapback]</div>
    I didn't know that. I was at the Saturn dealership looking for a car. The salesman mentioned the EV1 and I had heard of it. I asked how much it cost. He said he didn't know as they were only leasing them. I told him I don't lease but when they're available for sale I'll buy one. I bought the SC2 coupe. I used to occasionally see one getting juice when my car was in for servicing. I wish I had taken him up on a ride when I had the chance. I really regret never getting a chance to ride in one. Who knew they'd all be crushed a few years later?

You'd think if GM is going to get back into the EV market that what they did with the EV1 would have given them a head start over everyone else. If only if only if only.

If only they had continued to develop the technology.

Instead they spent all their time with the Hummer.

11. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Feb 11 2007, 10:23 PM) [snapback]388772[/snapback]</div>
    Hey now... you KNOW you shouldn't get me started here!

Big sigh. You know that the Hummer H2 came out the same year (even the same month, I think) that the EV1 program was officially terminated? Can you get a better juxtiposition than that?

12. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Feb 11 2007, 04:51 PM) [snapback]388553[/snapback]</div>
    No, he doesn't have SOME homework. He's got a TON of homework to do. Especially in ETHICS! Notice how OLD of a URL he had to post in order to give the immage that GM is way into quality? If he'd have been honest, he'd have posted a current issue. Oh wait, that would contradict his point and show GM LOW on quality !

In addition (oh and forgive any present & past spelling & grammar ... I can do it ... I'm just lazy ) I don't think your last comment about homework was any more or less proper, than Evan knocking your spelling. Lastly, a comment from the original thread stating in essence, "hey I've got it on good authority from an insider of GM the volt is just around the corner ! ! !"

To that I respond, "Hey, I've got it on good authority that it's NOT" :^)

13. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hill @ Feb 13 2007, 07:05 PM) [snapback]389948[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, Evan was criticizing PFR's spelling and grammar, not mine.

;)

14. BORNGEARHEAD

BORNGEARHEAD New Member

"He wouldn't say how much it will cost to bring the Volt to market by 2010, but he noted that some costs will be reduced by using a version of the body and chassis system that provides the basis now for GM's compact cars such as the Chevrolet Cobalt in North America and the Opel Astra in Europe."

http://www.globeinvestor.com/servlet/story...gm0214/GIStory/