1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Heat sensitive MFD calibration?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by 2manycruisers, Jun 6, 2020.

1. 2manycruisers

2manycruisers Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    2006 Prius with Nav and backup camera. Recently the calibration has gone wonky--the touch is shifted about 3" to the right of what I want to touch. I can go into the diagnostic menu and recalibrate it, but next time in the car it is off again and to the same place. I did notice one day that after driving longer and with the a/c on, the calibration returned to where it should be. So maybe the summer heat is throwing it off, I don't know.

I assume this needs replaced. Does replacing just the screen fix calibration issues or do I need to replace the entire MFD? Thanks!

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You can try just resetting the car, unplug the 12v negative for about a minutes. Everything gets reset after that

1. You will lose all your radio presets
    2. Your trip odometer will go to zero
    3. Your driver's auto window up and down will need to be reset (hold the up button for about 10 seconds)
    4. You'll need to reset your clock

Raytheeagle likes this.