1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Heated oxygen sensor wiring

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by anthonylokrn, Mar 13, 2013.

1. anthonylokrn

anthonylokrn Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Does anybody what color is the signal cable on the heated oxygen sensor post-cat? Believe it is B1S2.

I looked up some info but couldn't figure out exactly. Per the diagram, there is four cables- 2 HT, 1 +B, and 1 E.

Thanks!

2. anthonylokrn

anthonylokrn Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just accessed the floorboard to look at the wiring. There are 2 black wires, 1 blue, and 1 white.

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I don't know the color coding, but you might consider inserting a pin into a wire, then connecting a voltmeter from the pin to ground, to figure out what voltage is on the wire. That might help you to decide what wire does what.

4. anthonylokrn

anthonylokrn Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok the blue wire is the signal wire.

Soldered a 1.2k ohm 1/2w resistor inline to hopefully take care of the P0420 CEL. Driven 8 miles so far...hasn't came back up yet *cross fingers*.

5. anthonylokrn

anthonylokrn Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well the P0420 CEL still came back on even after soldering in a 1.2k ohm 1/2w resistor :(

Any suggestions?

6. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I assume that you would not like a suggestion to replace the catalytic converter?

If so, then I suggest you remove the resistor since that won't help, and instead replace the upstream A/F ratio sensor with the correct Toyota part. If that sensor is highly responsive, the engine ECU may decide that the catalytic converter performance is adequate.

7. anthonylokrn

anthonylokrn Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've thought about it but wasn't really looking to spending $300 on a car with 160k on the odo already.