1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Heated rear Tail Lights

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by JStrenk, Jan 19, 2016.

1. JStrenk

JStrenk Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Anyone try heating the rear tail lights?

Even in driving in just a little snow, the tail light get completely covered in snow and hard to see.
    I was thinking of placing a heat pad like this:
    [​IMG]

Between the tail light and the body but I don't know if 25 Watts would be enough.

I was also thinking of adding a rear "Fog light" like I've seen on some cars these days.
    These come with heated lenses.
    [​IMG]

Or maybe adding lights to the lover rear glass on the inside because that glass already comes with defrosters. Cutting a little out of the ends to make a light would be OK for me.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    this is a first for me. i'll be interested to see what other clever ideas people come up with, thanks!(y)

3. eunique

eunique Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Rear fog lights are common in JDM and Euro cars...usually like that red one above and mounted lower on the rear bumpers. Some BMWs and Audis have these built in in the rear lens clusters with a separate switch like the front fogs.

I think the rear oblong would be a good addition for snowy/rainy areas...I would suggest a separate switch for it.

OnePlus One?