1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Heated Seats OEM Install

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Eric Smallwood, May 3, 2023.

1. Eric Smallwood

Eric Smallwood Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have a 2010 Prius and installed factory seats that are heated. They have a yellow plug under each seat where the power flows to the seats. What other parts do I need to install, besides the factory switch on the center console, to make the system work? I can get what I need from a junkyard.

2. ColoradoCrow

ColoradoCrow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    The factory switch would be ideal for sure. Not sure were you would tap into power under the seats. inspect the wiring harness that is there and search for a pin out diagram.. I installed after market Doorman ones in both our Gen 2 I ran he positive wires direct to a tap on the fuse panel. I mounted the switch on the side of each seat.

3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    all the yellow plugs are for your supplemental restraint system they go to your airbags only The seat heaters and anything else I would think would have a plug laying there in the carpet where the wiring harness runs I wouldn't think just the car with the seat heaters would have the plug there the harnesses would all be made up at the same time usually The plugs are there they're used or they're not depending upon how the car goes down the assembly line right? So any plugs you need should be down there too make up to what you're putting in.