1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Heated Seats

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by krausternet, Oct 5, 2012.

1. mjones12

mjones12 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    On my 2012 it's just on and off, left and/or right.

2. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Just on and off

3. rpg51

rpg51 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My Four has on and off. And they are SWEET.

4. Rich F

Rich F New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I agree. I'm perpetually hot, usually liking the temp a good 5-10 degrees lower than my wife, so a) they're awesome for stopping that, but I'm loving getting into my car these last cool days in the northeast and popping the seat on while the car warms up. It's just on and off, and I guess a dial would be cool, if you were going to leave them on all the time, but as far as I'm concerned, you pop them on while the climate control does it's thing, and then turn them off once the car itself is to your desired level of toastiness. Glad I got the four.

5. Jerry Mcl

Jerry Mcl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have a 2012 Four...!st car I had with heated seats....Was thinking of putting in a remote start but today I used the heated seats for the first time (was 39 degrees this morning). Warmed up nice and toasty in no time like I was still in bed....No need to put a remote starter in with these seats....Too bad they didn't have a high-low button......But like my moon roof, I won't buy a car without heated seats now!!

6. mad-dog-one

mad-dog-one Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Just the opposite for us. My wife is HOT; I'm just lucky.

7. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Heated seats is on or off. Lumbar support is worth it's price in gold if you spend many hours behind the wheel. I paid extra for the 4 with solar and do not regret the investment. However I like the technology.

8. krausternet

krausternet Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm curious if other Toyota's have multi-level or hi-low, or thermostatic controls for their heated seats. Seems like that would be better than just on and off. And who knows maybe that's a minor change that might make it into the 2013? [I'm just looking for reasons to wait a couple months.]

9. dhendriksen

dhendriksen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Other Toyota models have high low, but I don't see them changing it in the Prius until they change the body style. They only have room for one button as it is now, and it's a stupid location of you ask me. The button they use now is typically high and low, with one button (which actuallyis two buttons) for each seat. They only have one button now, which means simply on/off.

That might not be explained very well...

DROID RAZR ? 2

10. Spokanepriusgrl

Spokanepriusgrl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, other Toyotas have hi/low. My 2002 Sequoia Limited has a hi/low button. I am hoping I don't regret not getting heated seats when winter really kicks in! :( As for leather or softex, I have not been happy with Toyota's quality of leather...in my Sequoia, it was already cracking by 6 years, and I noticed just the other day, the leather on the side of the seat is splitting. (I'm not a heavy person either) We also have a 2001 Tundra Limited and those leather seats seemed to crack and split prematurely, too. Compared to our 2002 Mercedes C240 leather, the quality is light years apart, and the C240 is entry level, where the Limited trim is supposed to be "top of the line." If it were me, I don't know if I'd spend the money to buy Toyota's leather, but would go to an apholstery shop and get better quality leather. Unless, Toyota has started installing better leather, or the softex is an improvement, but I wouldn't bet on it.

11. macman408

macman408 Electron Guidance Counselor

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yes, the switch is just on/off, but nobody has noted yet that there is some sort of thermostat. I don't know where it is (for all I know, it might even just be a timer), but if you leave it on for more than 10 minutes, you'll notice your butt gets extra toasty when it turns on again. Sometimes when it's just a little cool, I forget it's still on once I get comfortable, until it kicks back in.

12. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    . . . Or, you could have a little circulatory issue in the tushie . . .