1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Heater blow cold when idle, temp light came on, air bubble

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Jiaq, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Jiaq

Jiaq New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    every experienced Prius owner.

I am new to the family and encounter issue after 2 month of ownership.
    I replaced the radiator and try coolant up. But it keeps having bubble came out from the return pipe of the reservoir tank, and also heater blew cold, the temp light came on while drive on high way.

I can hear thing ticking from time to time around the EGR heat exchanger area(not sure if it is from that part) like a metal chip open and close.

Fortunately the engine oil is still clear brown and no milky texture detected after a week of driving testing. the exhaust does have a bit a water came out but nothing major.

Please any insight would very helpful!!!

PS: The radiator was replaced because it has leakage due to ran over rock and stuff in a big snow day.

2. Jiaq

Jiaq New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The air bubble from the return pipe like a flush and then stop for a while and then a flush within 10 second and keep going the same circle. I try bleed the air pocket for multiple time but it still act in that maner.

3. Jiaq

Jiaq New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    More info reference:My car has a P0401 code came on a week after I got the car about 2 month ago and I ignored it and it stays on (still on at the moment), and the P0301 came on a couple of days before the car ran on rock (it is still on a snowing day), I restart the car and it ran just fine. It is off at the moment because I clear it.
    Moreover, I change the oil right at the time and before I replace the radiator, the changed out oil has no milky texture as well and just look dark brown which is consider normal wear out.

#3 Jiaq, Jan 4, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2023