1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Heating Seem too strong on Low Settings (even at 18C)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by andreimontreal, Mar 9, 2019.

1. andreimontreal

andreimontreal Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have this 2012 Prius 3 (I think). I pump air at 18-20C (A/C on or off the same deal) and it seems to me that it is way too warm and that it's not that much different than 25C (max temp). If I turn the heating off (LO, or something like that, a notch under 18C) the air suddenly goes cold. I think there is a slight difference between 18C (min temp) and 25C (max temp).

So, anybody has an idea if there's anything broken or not? I had this 2008 Civic LX, and setting air/heat was gradual and really nice. The Prius seems unreasonably hot at 18-20C.

Andrei

2. Lino

Lino Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Do you have the recirc off and the window open, if so try closing the window and turn on recirc with AC on to dry humidity

3. andreimontreal

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Recirc is off, window is always closed. A/C on to take out humidity, otherwise off - sometimes I forget it on.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    How many km on her?

5. andreimontreal

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  6. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sometimes people take the dash apart for some reason, and forget to plug the cabin temperature sensor back in during reassembly. WIth the sensor unplugged, the HVAC thinks the cabin is always super cold, so no matter what you set the temperature for, it will heat all out trying to get there. The one exception is if you set the target all the way to LO, which means you want cooling no matter what, and then it shifts.

CR94 likes this.