1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HeatShield Windshield Reflectors / Shades

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by Danny, Jun 24, 2004.

1. JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac New Member

I received my front and rear heatshields the day before yesterday as expected. I used them yesterday when I parked at work. I was impressed by how precisely they fit. I'd say I am a satisfied customer.

2. prius4us

prius4us New Member

How long did it take before you received your heatshield? I ordered a front heatshield on March 1 and haven't received it yet and I even live in the same geographic region as Canvasworks. Just wondering if I would get an email notification when it ships. Thanks!

3. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I would send an email to Danny, I ordered mine on Feb 28 and it was lost also so he is checking into it for me.

4. idesdemars

idesdemars New Member

i ordered mine on 3/7 and got a confirmation today with a UPS tracking number for 1-day shipping.

5. prius4us

prius4us New Member

My email to Danny must have helped because I just got confirmation that my shield is shipping. It's been getting warm in CA so it'll arrive just in time!

6. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just got my email also. :) The jumbo heat shields I use now are really annoying (too small and I have to fight with them to fit).

7. idesdemars

idesdemars New Member

the shades arrived today. i haven't tried putting them on yet but they look great. delivery was super fast too...

8. prius4us

prius4us New Member

Got my front shield the other day. Canvasworks might have been saving the orders and then shipping them out the same day since I ordered 3/1, then idesdemars had ordered on 3/7 but we received shipment on the same day. The front shield fits very well, but it started raining again in CA. Could have really used them last week when it was sunny and warm. :) I was debating whether to order the rear shield too. Is the front shield enough or should I also get the rear shield? What about the side shields? Would that be overkill?

9. idesdemars

idesdemars New Member

i didn't bother trying them out since it started raining. i ordered the rear one as well. it is quite a bit smaller than the front one. i think the sides would be overkill. i just can't imagine taking off 4 pieces and put them away everytime i need to get in the car. chances are i'll just use the front one and not the rear one so much even though it can get to over 100F some days in the summer where i work.

10. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I got all 4 pieces. I will probably all pieces since I bring my lunch and the car just sits all day in the TX heat. The black dash and sides do not help. :roll: I figured trips to the store and such I will only use the front.

11. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    doh! We ordered one side thinking it was a set for both sides of the car. I guess I will have to order another set (or steal the wife's). hehehe

12. popoff

popoff New Member

I ordered the windshield shield and paid for it with Paypal on March 20th. So far I've had no confirmation of the order.

Would someone please confirm receipt of my order and give me an idea of when I will receive the shield?

I would really appreciate it.

13. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    send danny an email. He got my order moving. I think there is a disconnect between the order form and the drop shipper.

BTW, the side head shield is the 2 front (left and right). shields. I think the company changed the packaging on Danny. I had to call them up to order the rear ones.

14. popoff

popoff New Member

Thanks for your response.

It looks like, with the large rear window and its' angle, the rear screen would also be necessary to keep it cool in the passenger compartment.

Has that been your experience in Texas?

15. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It has been pretty cool lately, but it would get 100+ last year and with the dash and sides of the window being black that car will only cook. If I leave my windows open I will get a ton of dust (due to the windy and dry conditions here in El Paso). The shades on front, rear, and side front have kept the car at most a high warm (80-90 deg) temp (even though it is 70 deg outside). I am hoping the addition of the side rear shades will make it even cooler (hopefully 80 max or same as outside temp).

16. popoff

popoff New Member

delivery time

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the shades after they have been ordered?

I paid by PayPal but never got a confirmation of my order or an answer to several messages to Danny.

17. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Once my order got through it somehow got lost so Danny had to contact the company. Once everything was fixed it only took about 1 week.

18. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Re: delivery time

popoff, sorry about not responding to your email. I had a set of orders that I sent to CanvasWorks Sunday, so I would think they would have shipped by now. I apologize for my tardiness on this recent batch of orders.

19. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Danny did you add the side rear shades to your store? The sides you have on there now were only the front sides for me.

20. popoff

popoff New Member

[/quote]

popoff, sorry about not responding to your email. I had a set of orders that I sent to CanvasWorks Sunday, so I would think they would have shipped by now. I apologize for my tardiness on this recent batch of orders.
    [/quote]

Thanks Danny.

Now if I could just get a response from the Coastaletech people about the order I placed with them :cry: ................