1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HeatShield Windshield Reflectors / Shades

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by Danny, Jun 24, 2004.

1. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine arrived today via UPS ground. The tracking number shows a ship date of 4/22. I live an 1 1/2 hours away so mine would take the minimum 3 days.

Now I need to order the 2 rears that I did not get.

Mike

2. MoxyP

MoxyP New Member

Danny --
    Foxfire informs me that the your security certificate expired a week ago. Will order a HeatShield for my new Prius as soon as the certificate is restored!
    Thank you for this site!

(Apologies for posting this to the whole forum, but I couldn't readily find a contact address and my work timeclock won't wait for me to do any more searching!)

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I've got the same problems. Three expired certificate alerts for Mozilla. And I'm still having problems logging in to the shop. I need to order the two rear windows now. (Why couldn't they just make the front and rear windows a set so there was no confusion?)

4. SilverPrius

SilverPrius New Member

Danny,
    Recieved the shields on april 26.
    Thanks

Bill VandenNoort

5. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I just wanted to note... I ordered a front HeatShield on April 12 and paid $30 total (including shipping and handling). I chose to pay by check because I didn't feel like paying with PayPal. I mailed my check to Danny shortly after I ordered; on April 26 I received a confirmation of shipping from CanvasWorks and today the HeatShield arrived via UPS. All in all, a painless experience. Just wanted to say thanks to Danny for organizing the discount and handling the orders, especially when PriusChat doesn't get much out of it.

6. Paul113

Paul113 New Member

I'd like to order the windshield heat deflector for my '05 but the shopping cart says I'm not registered. Can you help?
    Paul

7. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Paul,
    I think you have to register separately for the Prius store (at least, that's what I did).

8. Paul113

Paul113 New Member

Thanks for the reply.....You've had your sunshade for a while then. Happy??

9. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Only for a few weeks. I haven't used it all that much because (1) during the week, I only get to drive the Prius like 2 days because my boyfriend has a longer commute than I do and takes possession of it (2) I have covered parking at home and at work and (3) it has been a bit overcast here in Austin (it's time for the smoke from the agricultural fires to drift our way). However, when I have used it, I have found it easier to unroll and re-roll than I thought it would be. It fits the winshield perfectly, and barely needs the visors to hold it in place. Who knows how much cooler it will keep the car when summer really hits, but this is Texas after all :). I'm sure it will do as good a job as any other sun shield.

10. nhalber

nhalber Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I inadvertently ordered it direct after looking up the info. I have asked them to cancel and then I'll order it thru Prius chat.

Thanks for the info

11. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I've been using the heat shield for a few months now (after winning via a PriusChat giveaway - thanks!). I've noticed the strap adhesive doesn't tolerate Arizona heat very well, and has started to "Give".

I've solved the problem temporarily by stapling the strap at the edge to keep it from sliding further.

The problem exaserbates when after taking the shade down on a hot day, I pull the strap to secure the rolled shade, and the strap seems to give.

Just an FYI. Otherwise, it makes a HUGE difference. I wouldn't mind eventually getting side/rear shades as well - that or tinting my windows :)

12. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Rick -

Feel free to contact CanvasWorks directly - they offer a warranty on their products and have been very responsive in the past to customer inquiries.

13. bethmaup

bethmaup New Member

Got the information that your "certificate has expired." Now what?

Beth

14. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    All Security problems should be fixed now. No financially sensitive data is being transmitted via our server, it is all being handled by PayPal, so I've taken the site off of the Secure link.

15. king_of_the_huns

king_of_the_huns New Member

Same with me in California, after a week only; I noticed that the adhesive moved roughly 1/8 of an inch. I'll do the "stapling" as well...

Also, maybe it's just mine, but after putting it up on the windshield for about 2 weeks , it started buckling a bit at the center maybe an inch or so; it does not touch the window ever so snugly as it did when it was new.

Nevertheless, it does make quite a difference on a sunny day.

16. 1oakprius

1oakprius New Member

Danny,

I have tried using your link to buy FULL set of Heatshields but the order keeps showing Heatshield only ($30 - NOT $28). Sideshades and Rearshade are not added to the Full Package.

Do i have to order the 3 items separately?

Thanks in advance, 1oakprius

17. Fredatgolf

Fredatgolf New Member

I don't like PayPal. A friend of mine has been in hot dispute with them for a double charge for a good while. When I ordered armrests from Robin, they sent me correspondence asking me to pay again. Robin said there was a problem she was trying to straighten out. They may make products some day that are so desireable that I would go through PayPal to get them, but I don't really believe they will.

18. norcalprius

norcalprius New Member

New Millenium Silver Prius owner here.. Anyone know if the discount deals are still on for the heatshield/sunshades that I read in this list about. Sales seemed to end in June of 2004. Also, are there any pictures of Prius's with the side and rear sun shades affixed? I'd like to see what they look like.. Combined shipping possible?

Mike in Eureka

19. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  20. GrnMtn

GrnMtn New Member

I placed a paypal order for the front heatshield on May 11th and other than the paypal confirmation that [email protected] got the money, I haven't heard a single thing (no confirmation email, no heatshield). Anyone know if there is a systemic problem or should I just contact Canvasworks (or priuschat)?