1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HeatShield Windshield Reflectors / Shades

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by Danny, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If you didn't receive an Order Update email from me, that probably means that PayPal ate your order and it was never transmitted back to the PC/Shop. I found your order just now on PayPal's site and will send it into the distributor right now.

Sorry about that, PayPal seems to eat some orders every once in a while.

2. sanguis

sanguis Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I placed an order 5/27 and have nothing except a paypal confirmation... How long until I get a confirmation, based on other people's comments it may be better to cancel and dispute payment with the CC company if the order has been eaten??

3. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I just searched using your email address that you signed up on PriusChat with and didn't find anything with PayPal that you placed an order. The best route is NOT to cancel and dispute payment, the best route is to contact me directly here on the site in this thread so that I can update your order ASAP and get it to the distributor.

So, sanguis, email me at [email protected] with your information and I'll confirm it with PayPal and get your order off to you ASAP. I hate making people wait, and hate upsetting people when they haven't received a product they paid for.

4. mfa-prius

mfa-prius Old member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I hate to repeat, but...

I placed a paypal order for the front heatshield on June 4th and other than the paypal confirmation that [email protected] got the money, I haven't heard a single thing (no confirmation email, no heatshield). I have had no other problems with PayPal, so I'm a little suspicious of the "PayPal ate my homework" excuse. Also, the prisuchat.com/shop Website is seriously broke, in that many of the tabs (e.g., Company, Contact) returns 404s. I'd already e-mailed admin before discovering I was supposed to post here, so please pardon the duplicate complaint.

mfa

5. metamatic

metamatic Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I also placed an order nearly a month ago, got nothing beyond the Paypal confirmation.

6. sanguis

sanguis Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just posting that I did get my windshield shade about 11 days after Danny here confirmed that he had found my order in the emails he recieves... I didn't realize how big the windshield really is until I opened up the windowshade ;p

7. mfa-prius

mfa-prius Old member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I realized how big the windshield was the first day I opened the door to get in it after leaving it out in the Florida sun all day. Fortunately, the airconditioning on the Prius is the best I've ever had in a car.

Danny is looking into my order, so I'm anxiously awaiting the big brown truck, and praying for cloudy days in the interim.

8. innov8v

innov8v New Member

In the interest of fairness and full disclosure, just wanted to mention that my recent order for the windshield sunshade was filled promptly and without drama. I will add, however, that after reading so many posts (on this board and elsewhere) about problems with PayPal, I chose to simply write a check and drop it in the mail (remember the old days when we actually used to pay for things that way?). Anyway, thanks to Danny and the untold minions behind the scenes who made the PriusChat commerce machine run so smoothly during my transaction. Oh, and by the way, the sunshade itself is doing its job superbly, and also without drama. Well-made, fits perfectly. Nice work, PriusChat.

9. mfa-prius

mfa-prius Old member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Let me leap to the defense of PayPal. I've never had a problem with them, either as a seller or a buyer, and their customer service has been excellent. After my sunshade failed to show up after 2 weeks, I opened an inquiry with them. I also e-mailed Danny, who said he would try to get the order shipped, but it may have been too late -- PayPal refunded my $30 a week after I complained. Now that Danny has reworked the Website, I'm hopeful I'll have better luck -- reordered the sunshade today. (No lack of sunny weather in Florida...)

10. Kevin_C

Kevin_C New Member

Ok, I just purchased my Prius last week, and the Arizona heat is making my car BEG for the sunshades.

I am ready to purchase the full set(front, rear, sides), but after reading through the entire thread, I am still a little confused.

First, the front(driver, passenger) sides and back sides are separate pairs, correct? The pictures make it look like one piece.

Second, although the original "sale" appears to have ended over a year ago, is there still a discounted price available for members? Someone mentioned a discount for ordering the full set, but when I populate my cart in the PriusShop, I don't see any "additional" discount. Just $30 for the front, $30 for the rear, $30 for the front sides, and $30 for the back sides, for a total of $120. Is this correct? Does the $30 for each piece/pair already reflect the "discount"?

Also, have all ordering problems been straightened out(through the website, paypal, etc.)?

Thanks in advance.

11. mfa-prius

mfa-prius Old member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I've received e-mails from Danny and Adam (from Canvasworks), both of whom assure me that the "PayPal problems" have been worked out. Adam accepted full responsibility for the problem(s). Having said that, I still haven't received my order, but I'm encouraged, and Adam's response implied it should be here this week. I'll keep you posted.

I think you've got the pricing right. FWIW, it's only 1/3 the cost of Canvasworks' suncover for a small plane :~).

12. Fredatgolf

Fredatgolf New Member

13. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Kevin -

The current price for the full set is $120 shipped, but we might throw a sale together by the end of the month if you want to wait. Otherwise, it's still about $40 cheaper than buying them straight from the manufacturer or any other dealer that I've found that sells these.

I've got pretty much all of the PayPal problems handled - I'm now trying to watch the purchases carefully and make sure everything synchs up. The best advice I can give a buyer is that if you don't receive an email with your Order Confirmation from the PriusChat Shop, then your order didn't go through, and just email me directly.

14. Paul R. Haller

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    :D Just to let everyone know, I ordered the sun screen here using Pay Pal and received the screen 10 days later. It fits well and does the job. Thanks,
    -Paul R. Haller-

15. Kevin_C

Kevin_C New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny\";p=\"104654)</div>
    Thank you for the reply, I now have all the information I need. I WISH I could wait 'till the end of the month, but the Arizona sun is at its most unforgiving right now. Still, I hope the sale isn't too much of a discount....haha. Anyway, as you said they are still cheaper than anywhere else right now, so I might just go ahead and place my order later today. Thanks for providing this service!

16. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Bad news for HeatShield buyers - I received a note from Adam at CanvasWorks (our account manager):

"Right now, we are experiencing a delay of 1-2 weeks in delivery as we have run out of material and our
    supplier in New York is taking longer than expected to laminate our material for us.

We will, however, process these orders and they will be first in line to go out as soon as we get our material."

So, if you send in an order over the next 1-2 weeks prepare for a delay, but know that your order will be closer to the top of the long list of orders that CanvasWorks will be fulfilling once they receive more material.

17. Jayhawkguy

Jayhawkguy New Member

I got mine delivered this week (7/5) and it arrived exactly 2 weeks after I ordered it. It fits perfectly, but I must note that boy is it HUGE! Someone told me I could blind a pilot with that thing!

18. Sid

Sid New Member

That figures, I just ordered the front heat shield today :cry:
    The window shade I'm currently using is one those folding (accordion) style, it's long enough side to side, but not top to bottom.

19. pearsonrj

pearsonrj Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    DANNY - Some HELP please

I ordered the front shade and the side shades for the front windows on June 30. Got the PayPal confirmation but no other communication. The PayPal receipt # is: 2876-2865-3931-3330. I e-mailed [email protected] and also through the 'Contact Us' section here. Got no replies.

Can you follow up and let me know the status? We're expecting a heatwave here this week and NO SHADES...

20. Kevin_C

Kevin_C New Member

Just ordered mine today, despite news of the delay. I just want to get them as soon as possible, so waiting longer wouldn't help. I can't wait till the full set arrives!