1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Heavy duty rubber mats and goodyear tires made in JAPAN

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by WWJD08, Sep 8, 2009.

1. WWJD08

WWJD08 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    :mad:I bought the heavy duty ribbed rubber mats and they cracked within 10 months of being new , I was told toyota looked at this as normal wear:eek:, Goodyear tires made in Japan ware out fast as well. I think Toyota needs to find and American company to make floor mats and tires for them. I wood order the nice carpeted mats.:)

2. 13Plug

13Plug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You do realize your car was made in Japan, right? Making those items in America won't necessarily make them better quality. That's like saying a GM product is better quality because it's assembled in the US. Ha ha ha, that would be the day.... :lol:

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Err... how is it normal wear and tear?!? Our '05 rubber mats were bought just after we took delivery of the car. After 5 years, they still look new.

4. mindmachine

mindmachine Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have the Toyota rubber mats in my 07 and they are used in it all year and they look like new.

However the Goodyear tires we I dident give a chance as I took them off immediately and put on Bridgestone
    RE960 Pole Position tires.