1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Heavy Springs And Lift Upgrade

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by strawbrad, Nov 24, 2019.

1. black_jmyntrn

black_jmyntrn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    my hope is to hear back tomorrow from a company that appears to be able to mass-install springs onto KYB products. That's been my biggest hold-up, everyone wants them as one assembly. The four corner lifting springs with the KYB's is what would work the best with any lift kit. The decision hasn't been made yet on the super lift springs as they would definitely require subframe spacers.

edit: I typed that last night and fell asleep before I could hit post reply. heard back and they said they cant assist. back to the search

2. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Actually... I think we got it... KYB sounds like they will mount them for us!!!

3. Plaman

Plaman Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I like the sound of this. What springs are they going to mount?

4. Plaman

Plaman Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hey J, I just tried texting you on this number to follow up about my situation. Can you confirm that is the correct number? It showed invalid. Thank you!

SFO likes this.
  5. Henryk

Henryk Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Curious as I'm considering lifing my Gen2 Prius. I've seen allot of references to using 2009 matrix AWD springs, and adapting them to the Gen 2 prius. Does anyone know if a 2009 matrix complete strut assembly, would fit in the Gen2 prius,as a direct swap

6. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    spoke to soon, and they gave me the run-around.

It is, send another with Plaman in the words

7. James Analytic

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was wondering about the rear. The front will not. The rear I read somewhere, that I'm not finding just yet either on here or the Facebook PriusOffRoad group, can. Though don't trust fit well, as might be a more ghetto install like those who've swapped springs without the Matrix/Vibe perch included.

The front knuckle mount on the 2012 AWD Matrix strut I have are approximately 29mm wide versus ~41mm wide for the gen 2 Prius. The front strut mount bolt pattern is the same appears, though the bolt diameter is larger on the Matrix strut mount bolts.

I do have the 2012 AWD Matrix rear struts, though not a KYB or Toyota rear strut set.

Mine came as-found with MasterPro installed with RubberShocks on both the front and rear. Sounds like might be spacers as well, though I've not verified.

The rear doesn't seem like there are any issues. On the front however, clunk-a-thon. I'm looking forward to getting these KYB with Matrix springs installed on the front.

Interestingly and I guess wrong, the lower control arms for this Delphi listing appears to note interchange and I'm wondering if that is true? More Information for DELPHI TC1445

I've noticed with this eBay listing for the bushings as well. https://www.ebay.com/itm/264675374459

Any thoughts regarding the control arms and or bushings interchange?

SFO likes this.
  8. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    this Gen 2 has only the driver's seat and the rest of the car built out!! like cool and creative plus the cargo on the roof, easy 400lbs, maybe 500lbs altogether. This is with new KYBstruts all around and only the initial rear lift spring upgrade. Now imagine a 2" lift kit lift all around with some nice meaty tires!

I think the sweet spot would spring in the front to have a 1.4" spring lift and maybe a 2" lift...
    IMG_20230530_201632848_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230530_201639916_HDR.jpg

Prius Rising likes this.
  9. James Analytic

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  10. JerryCS

JerryCS Prius camper with trailer hitch

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I found these part numbers for front and rear sets of springs for the 2009 Toyota Corolla: 45H0421 - ACDelco and 45H2111 - ACDelco. The numbers are different-- maybe because you gave the Rock Auto number? I couldn't find them there so I went to AC Delco's website. Are these the ones? I would like to gain ground clearance on our Prius.

I could use new shocks also. Do you think the Corolla struts, with their springs, would fit the Prius? That would make this easier.

11. JerryCS

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    This may answer the question I have: is it possible to just install the Matrix strut and spring assembly in the Prius? Sounds like it doesn't fit right.

12. JerryCS

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    So you didn't have to add the Matrix perch to the front strut assembly in order to swap the Matrix springs in? The Prius perch works fine in front?

Prius Rising likes this.
  13. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    June 12, 2021 is when I first had a rear spring made that lifts a Prius... now I also have the front lifting spring all while using brand new KYB struts/shocks for a Prius that were not modified in any way!

I'm actively working on a coilover kit as of about a month ago.

upload_2023-9-3_4-24-50.png

[​IMG]

14. NoReally

NoReally New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
    PriusOverlanding talks a good game but doesn't deliver. I ordered springs and spacers in April 2022 and then in August he called me to tell me he was going to fill the order in October 2023. He then claimed he couldn't refund me for the purchase. He only offered to refund half the order after the Wyoming AG got involved ( and has followed through) .

rjparker likes this.
  15. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    You know... I accept responsibility for your delayed order and lack of communication. I felt my transparency and proof of my words to you during the phone call we had in which I called to express how shitty I felt and might possibly have a set lingering around in my storage for your vehicle. My memory recalls letting you know your order was in a batch with others where the drop shipper delayed by over a month, and even showed you their response that they would ship. After having multiple owners tell me about your post(here we are a second time now) on FB and now here, I find myself in a similar situation again where not all details were shared at my expense. When there is a new account created, clearly an attempt at internet shaming me, these days I just brush it off my shoulder as I know I am not how the vocal ones described me, and sure... I didn't return your call, my apologies there... too much going on these days. Also if I'm not mistaken, a few days after my failed return of the call, I told you I would do, is when I was contacted by the AG(whom I've had a few calls with to ensure my transparency is heard and if it ever came down to something with courts and whoever with them involved, they won't miss any details about our conversations) on your behalf.

Personally, I'd like to think it didn't need to come to that, not that it's your responsibility at all to call me back or text after I said I would reach out... just... I don't think you did follow up else, I would have had a memory jogging. Heck, I believe what we discussed was, that if I didn't have the springs in storage(which I did have just.) and was not able to send them, I was not opposed to a refund. Also, believe it was mentioned let me see where I get at locating the extra box of springs before we get to that as it might not matter if I could get them out to you. That said, hope all is well, thank you for your support and patience. You will still receive the store credit voucher as our apologies for the hiccup and delay on your order!

The Gen 2 Prius Sub Frame Spacers are NOW available and the Rear Shock Extenders should be in my hands by the end of this week or next!
    https://priusoverlanding.com/product/2004-2009-toyota-prius-subframe-drop-spacer-kit-gen-2-2004-2005-2006-2007-2008-2009/
    upload_2023-10-30_18-10-54.png

It's been interesting seeing folks go out of their way to tell people their opinions. A common thread with them is they all end up linking with those who are pushing this AG thing... the bright side? well, I hope it stays this way, most of the bad reviews were all orders from 2022... I've been working extra hard to ensure none are from 2023 and beyond!

16. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    A year and a half! And then only half refund after law enforcement gets involved!

Talks a good game when called out in public.

. So orders from 2022 are SOL unless you can get your state’s attorney general involved! And this guys are not part of the $40,000 worth of chargebacks from people who realized soon enough to bail.

17. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    You know,I don't think it occurs to anyone that possibly, their tainted by society first opinion may not be close to the truth at all and yet, when they post it, clearly in an effort to internet shame me and diminish my character... the energy behind it is like you just know you are right. Unfortunately, as with most assumptions, your words are just smoke in the air and people can see you fanning the flames.

"the storm doesn't last forever. It can scare you; it can shake you to your core. But it never lasts. The rain subsides, the thunder dies, and the winds calm to a soft whisper. And that moment after the storm clouds pass, when all is silent and still, you find peace. Quiet, gentle peace."

18. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    and nah bruh... I'm not leaving no one hanging! I don't get down like that, I make sure I do my part to ensure no burnt bridges, issa how I roll through any city not needing to watch my back as if someone is after me. Having a clear conscience and knowing I do whats morally right is how I've always lived in my non-youth days.

19. Plaman

Plaman Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    @black-jmyntrn What is the odds on having ANY Gen 2 parts in stock within the next 6 months? How long has it been already?

20. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I still haven't figured out why I get accosted yet, other companies can be out of stock and no one tries to belittle them in any of their efforts...