1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Height adjustable Seats?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by SharonB, Jun 7, 2009.

1. SharonB

SharonB New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sorry if this has been asked before (Newbie here). I have ordered a 2010 Prius, and the dealer can't seem to be able to tell me if the driver's seat is adjustable for height. I am short, and need to raise the seat for optimal view. I have ordered the IV. It says "6 way adjustable seat" Thanks! :confused:

2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yes--there is height adjustment.

By 6 way, they mean front-back, up-down, and seat back angle front-back. And some models (my V does) have drivers lumbar support adjustment.

1 person likes this.
  3. SharonB

SharonB New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thank you so much for your quick reply! Now I can get excited about my new car, I should have it in a couple of weeks! :cheer2:

4. wave_slider

wave_slider New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The height adjustment is a very welcome improvement along with the standard tilt/telescoping steering wheel. It just makes it so much easier for any body type to find a comfortable driving position. :rockon: I can't wait to get my III next month.

5. web1b

web1b Active Member

Wow, what kind of terrible dealer is that?
    They didn't already know and couldn't look up for you the information on the seat adjustments? Maybe they were just too lazy to look it up since they already had your commitment to buy.
    Doesn't bode well for future customer service.

6. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    web1b, most dealers know very little about this car. Sadly, product education seems to come far too late to our dealers when a product is released.

7. FLP

FLP Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I just came from a test drive and I knew so much more than the dealer! The height adjustment makes this a car I now definitely want to purchase, soon. I just need to figure out how much I want to spend and which features I can live without.

8. SharonB

SharonB New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It really is frustrating that the dealer is so in the dark about this car. I don't think they have had one on their lot yet, so I'll give them that. When I went in to get the new flyer on the 2010, they had them locked away somewhere, and only one salesperson knew where they were? Crazy.

9. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Check out this post for a video showing one vertically challenged woman who adjusted the seat into a position that suited her:

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...49-houston-meet-up-see-2010-v.html#post868292

She didn't adjust the tilting, telescoping steering wheel, because she was happy with the default position. The video doesn't show it being used, but the big handle on the drivers seat is the manual height adjustment.

1 person likes this.
  10. SharonB

SharonB New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Wow, thank you for the link. I am 5' 3" so I'll be just fine! :)

11. rcsting

rcsting Toyota Fanatic

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The local dealers go to a training and drive event when each new model comes out. The 2010 Prius hit the dealers lot before they had their training so the early enthusiasts know much more than the dealers. Prius Chat has educated us on the many details that the dealers will learn soon.

12. web1b

web1b Active Member

It's OK for them to not know everything about every detail of the car, but someone at the dealer should have been able to go find the info.

13. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Being the nerd that I am on this ....

The 2010 Prius height adjuster (forward handle, left side of seat) gives a big range of adustment. It's not just adjusting the seat straight up and down, no. It goes from up and forward to down and back in an arc.

Can pump the handle about 24 times between full up and down, so really can fine tune the seat adjustment.

It goes up really high, so you'll have no problem.

1 person likes this.
  14. SharonB

SharonB New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks, (you are not a nerd) I posted on this forum so I could get first hand info from experts like you! I am very excited about my new Prius!
    ;)

15. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Post pics when you get it! It's a great car, you'll love it!

16. SharonB

SharonB New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I will post pics! I have been enjoying the picture forum. Hope to get a Blizzard Pearl w/Bisque interior.

17. wave_slider

wave_slider New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Sharon, let me know if you have any questions about standard features. I had a long class and was able to drive the car for a 20 mile stretch. I along with 3 people in the car was able to get 61.5 MPG. I thought no one would beat me, then came a guy who got 62.9MPG!!! Granted, its only one 20 miles stretch that we were challenging on, but this new Prius is awesome!

18. SharonB

SharonB New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have never owned a Prius, so I am interested in the gadgets. I think I will start a gadget thread! I am looking forward to the mileage, I am only getting about 20mpg in the cars I own now.

19. yardman 49

yardman 49 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Hello Sharon:

If you really want more information on the 2010 seats, try a search for 2010 seat height adjustment. That will bring up a lot of threads on this subject.

If you haven't found it yet, the Search command link is along the blue/gray bar near the top of the pages.