1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello, Anybody Out There?

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by Ed Vatza, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm in Central NJ, Hillsborough township (west of New Brunswick, north of Princeton, south of Bridgewater, east of Flemington). I've been a proud owner of a Super White 2006 Prius for 17 days now! I'd be interested in a 'meet', too.

2. Ed Vatza

Ed Vatza New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeannie @ May 6 2006, 09:59 AM) [snapback]250711[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome Jeannie,

We're slowly gathering some critical mass for a meet in the not too distant future.

I think I know where you are. I drove to Princeton a few weeks back and took the "I've got you surrounded" route. I went east on 78 to 287 South to 206 and dropped into Princeton. I just a couple of exits into PA. Its 40 minutes from where I am to the 78/287 intersection.

Hope you're enjoying that Prius. Keep an eye on this thread for more info about a meet.

Ed

3. Jeannie

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paflyfisher @ May 6 2006, 04:44 PM) [snapback]250818[/snapback]</div>
    It's 10 miles from that intersection to where I live, just off Route 206. So you could have waved 'hi' if you passed a 2006 Super White!

I got my first tank fill-up this afternoon - got 43.1 MPG, doing mostly short trips (5 miles each way to/from work). The MFD said I'd gotten 44.5 MPG, and I've heard they're not 100% accurate. I think I'm getting the hang of the 'pulse and glide' mode - my MFD now says I'm getting 52MPG in the first 30 miles of the new tank.

There's been a lot of discussion on here about availability of the Prius, so I'm adding my 'story' here:

I bought my car April 19 'off the lot' and paid a little under MSRP for a package 5. I almost bought one from Town Toyota in Langhorne, PA. Had negotiated a very good price on a Barcelona Red package 6 (also below MSRP), but they called me back and said that the car had been sold - a mistake in the computer system <sigh>. So I bought the white one at another dealer that night. Town Toyota called me back the next morning to say the car WAS available after all, but I'd already bought one. I'd definitely recommend people talk with Elaine at Town Toyota in their Internet Sales department - she was very helpful, as was Ray when Elaine was on vacation. They did have several other cars available, as well, in other colors and in packages 7 and 8, too.

And that same day, ANOTHER local dealer called to tell me they'd gotten in a package 3 in that gold color - they were charging a premium over MSRP, more than I paid for the package 5 the night before.

But they ARE available if you're flexible on the color and package.

Another dealer in Flemington, NJ, had vehicles in stock in package 7 or 8, at MSRP, too.

4. CHAD

CHAD Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paflyfisher @ May 1 2006, 08:48 PM) [snapback]248293[/snapback]</div>

HI I ORDERED MY PRIUS IN FEB 06 AND HAD IT IN ABOUT 3 DAYS I LUCKED OUT THE EXACT COLOR (BLACK) AND PACKAGE (3) I WANTED MY DEALER WAS ABLE TO LOCATE IT SITTING ON A LOT OUTSIDE OF PHILLY I AM INTERESTED IN JOINING THE PRIUS CLUB AND WOULD LIKE INFO I'M LOCATED IN HAMBURG, PA I JUST GOT A CUSTOMIZED 3RD BRAKE LIGHT COVER THAT IS AWESOME AND AM LOOKING FOR OTHER WAYS TO "CUSTOMIZE MY CAR ANYONE HAVE ANY COOL IDEAS AND LETS GET PROACTIVE ON THIS PRIUS MEET UP GROUP AND HAVE SOME FUN

5. Lola&#39;05

Lola&#39;05 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CHAD @ May 8 2006, 01:34 PM) [snapback]251553[/snapback]</div>

Welcome, Chad. Hope you are enjoying your Prius half as much as I have enjoyed Lola for the last 10 months. Yours is still pretty new. The enjoyment factor increases with time of ownership.
    Hamburg,PA. Yeah, I know where that is. In fact, I am headed there this Sunday. Want to check out that mega sporting goods store.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lola'05 @ May 8 2006, 06:25 PM) [snapback]251787[/snapback]</div>

yes everyone knows hamburg, pa by the world famous cabella's sporting goods store it is prettey neat with all the displays and stuff well has anyone decided on a meet time and date

yes i love my prius right now getting about 45-50 mpg mostly all highway between 65-90 mph does anyone know the best speed on the highway for mpg it seems to be 68 anyone got any cool mods or accessries or plan too i really want to make my prius stand out let me know and it was nice to meet you lola's mom

7. Lola&#39;05

Lola&#39;05 New Member

It is the end of may. Has the interest died again? I keep waving at Prius drivers and I get no response. I must be the dork. Two weeks ago, I was on interstates for about 10 miles and saw about 10 Prius. Yes, I am the dork.

8. Ed Vatza

Ed Vatza New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lola'05 @ May 27 2006, 11:23 PM) [snapback]261932[/snapback]</div>
    Hopefully not. I keep waiting for more interest but it has been slow.

I don't know how you keep seeing all these Priuses. I seem to rarely see any but them when my wife drives with me, she sees a lot of them. I think I am just concentrating on the road and nor consciously looking for (or seeing) other Priuses. That said, when I do see them, I do wave.

9. Jeannie

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Does anyone know a place we could meet around the New Hope/Lambertville area? And any suggestions for a nice 'caravan ride' in the area? Maybe a place to get a bite to eat?

It's definitely in a pretty area, so most of us could see some nice scenery getting there, and it's probably pretty convenient for a lot of PA and NJ Prius owners.

Maybe there's a place where we could meet for a Sunday brunch? And maybe some people would just like to walk around the town(s).

THere are some NJ people trying to organize a get-together - see this thread:
    http://priuschat.com/New-Jersey--t19525.html

10. BikerDude

BikerDude Junior Member

My wife and I are going to pick up our Barcelona Red #3 on Tuesday. We're as excited as a four-year old at Christmas!

We bought our Prius over the Internet. We had done enough research and test driving to know what package and color we wanted. When we were ready, I set up a new e-mail account and sent e-mails to all of the dealers within 100 mile radius. I told them very precisely what we wanted and didn't want, and told them that we wouldn't have a trade-in or need any financing. I asked them all to send me their best price and delivery by a certain date. When that date arrived I collected the e-mails and closed the account.

Norman Ginsberg at Central City Toyota has been a pleasure to deal with. He offered $1200 below MSRP and we took it. We ended up buying the floor mats, no way around it I guess, but overall we're pleased.

Anyhow, we'd be interested in a gathering. Saturdays are better than Sundays.

-Doug