1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello - First Post - Contemplating The Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by petsounds75, May 8, 2006.

1. tanteb & rgrpick

tanteb & rgrpick New Member

I got the 'skid control' safety feature (available in packages 5 and up)

If this refers to the VSC (Vehicle Stability Control) it is available in packages 4 on up and is the reason we went with a #4. I believe it was a CNN MONEY REVIEW article that hailed it (under different names like electric stability control )as probably the best safety feature produced in decades.
    We bought our Prius never having driven in one. It was the hybrid technology, lower emissions, and higher MPG we were going for, although I had at least checked to see whether my bad knees could get in and out. Fortunately, it is a pleasant, and fun ride. The back seat is the biggest surprise---more legroom than in my girlfriend's INFINITI SUV and far, far easier, and less painful, to get into. That INFINITI needs a redesign....
    I also was impressed by what we could carry in it, i.e. 8' 2x4s, and boxes of clay, tools, pots, but now I don't want to "dirty" it with such mundane items, lol. Sooner or later I'm going to have to though, poor pri.

B'racha

2006 Barcelona red #4

2. tanteb & rgrpick

tanteb & rgrpick New Member

Sorry folks, I think I sounded a bit snitty with my comment about the VSC in package 4.

3. RichBoy

RichBoy New Member

LOL...@ the rate you are 'thinking about it' youll recive your Prius in 2008 and the Tax Credit will be gone !