1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello from Portugal

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by psi20, Oct 24, 2014.

1. psi20

psi20 Junior Member

Hi all

I am form Portugal and I have a Prius 3Gen (2010).
    I drive around 17.000 miles per year and currently my average is 49.8 Mpg

I have been looking at a new type of pluginkit sold in germany by https://www.plughybrid.de/ it is a 4kwh pack with bms etc...

Since in europe we didn't have too much experience with Plugin convertions can you all please give yours feedback? is it really worth it?

Lets assume
    that i will have tax benefits and that I will manage to reduce my consuption to 67mpg

with this assumptions I estimate the turn over in 3 to 4 years

Please give me your opinion.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! i have not heard of the kit, so cannot comment. one thing i can say is that most have had very poor success with these types of kits, and i would do as much research into user experiences as possible before buying. but if it works, then it's just a matter of doing the math and deciding if the payback is worth it to you. all the best!(y)

#2 bisco, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  3. psi20

psi20 Junior Member

Research is what I am trying to do :)

I know someone here in Portugal that used to give it and everyday use until he broke the catalyst aparently because due to the use of the heater the ECU didnn't make the pre heating of it resulting in its destruction

#3 psi20, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2014
    Burna J likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that's a very obscure, and good reason to be careful. engineering is not easy, otherwise, 'everyone would do it'.;)