1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Rupert B Puppenstein, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Rupert B Puppenstein

Rupert B Puppenstein Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    my name is Shelby and I just bought a 2011 Prius II on Tuesday. I wasn't really expecting to have to buy a new car, but my last car was totaled so I didn't put in the amount of research I usually would have. I am a newbie when it comes to all of this! Does anyone use one of the pet seat covers that is like a sling in the back seat? I have two dogs and those are the covers that we usually have used in the past, but I am concerned about that vent in the back seat being covered. So, any tips would be appreciated. :)

Looking forward to learning so much more about my car and meeting some fellow Prius owners! :D

2. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You have a Catch-22. Do not cover the vent, because otherwise the HV battery will overheat, yet, if you have dogs in the backseat regularly, then you need to have some sort of coarse filter, so has to prevent the duct or fan from getting clogged with animal hair. Confused? Don't worry, there are several threads here on the problem if you search for information. For example, see

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...ead-126000km-up-atleast-3-taxis-i-know-3.html

:welcome:

1 person likes this.
  3. Rupert B Puppenstein

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks! I will check that out. :thumb:

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Shelby - that's quite a screen name you picked :p
    Welcome!

1 person likes this.
  5. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard and enjoy your new ride!

1 person likes this.
  6. car compulsive

car compulsive Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I use one of those hammock covers when I transport my dog. (About once a month.) The cover I use stops just short of the vent and I harness the dog on the left side of the car. Her short leash doesn't reach all the way to the right side of the car. That keeps most hair away from the vent and restricts her window sliming to the left rear window.

1 person likes this.
  7. Colm--

Colm-- New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello Shelby, We use a sling type rear seat cover in our 2010 and it works just great. The one we have is by Orvis. It is just the right size as not to block the battery vent. The only thing we do is to put a towel on the corner of the seat on the side she goes in and out of, because she will get mud or dirt on the cushion when she gets in and out.

1 person likes this.
  8. mrnoyb

mrnoyb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    1 person likes this.
  9. Rupert B Puppenstein

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That is the actual name of my Boston Terrier. :p

Thanks for all the tips. So glad that others use the sling type of cover. I just put them in the trunk area for the trip we made yesterday because I was so paranoid. They actually seemed to love it more than being on the seats. Maybe because it is flat? I put a dog bed (crate liner) back there and they either slept the entire time or our hound dog just looked at us or back at the other cars. It was actually quite amusing. :) But, I will get another sling cover and just make sure that I vacuum after trips.

10. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If you check the thread referenced above, you'll see that someone fashioned a simple fan filter. It doesn't take anything fancy.

11. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II