1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help 2002 Prius

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by DONNA PIERCE, Jul 10, 2020.

1. DONNA PIERCE

DONNA PIERCE New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    My 2002 Prius has been in shop for check engine light and it needed a smog certificate. After replacing the fuel tank and its bladder it cleared and got smog cert. My husband wanted to have brakes checked too. So they took a look at the breaks and they check out. So now it will start and go into gear but will not engage/or drive. The mechanic has no codes coming up and is stumped. So Im wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

bisco likes this.
  2. Josey

Josey Active Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    One
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    how much money do you want to pour into an 18 year old car?

4. DONNA PIERCE

DONNA PIERCE New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Good question, I just wanted to get it smogged when all this happened. I have never put any money into it except new tires and starter battery. So I was ok with a little but now IDK. We drove it into the shop and now it cant drive out. So its something that the mechanics did unknowingly.

Rmay635703 likes this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    do you have access to the car?

is it a toyota dealer?

6. Josey

Josey Active Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    One
    The threads to which I posted links were just about a simple little shift linkage connection under the dash. I have no direct experience with this, but if that comes apart (which they occasionally do), it seems that it will say the car is in gear even though it's not but that it won't set any codes. Did anyone look at those threads or check the linkage?

This could have been a random occurrence, btw rather than being directly related to whatever the shop did.