1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help - 2005 Prius Compatible Phones???

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by revbilly, Jan 28, 2011.

1. revbilly

revbilly New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The most recent post I can find regarding Phones compatible with my 2005 Prius are years old. Does anyone have a list of current phones and the features they support with my Gen 2? I would especially like to find one that will support transfer of the entire phonebook instead of one at a frickin' time! Sheeesh!

Sorry for the harsh language...

-- RB

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  3. revbilly

revbilly New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks, but that's where I started my search. LetsTalk only gives me one carrier (Sprint) and one lonely little phone that isn't very compatible (Nextel i365). I wish there was a way to upgrade the BT on the Prius...

-RB

4. revbilly

revbilly New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A little help here? Am I the only one having a hard time finding compatibility information on cellphones for a Generation II Prius??

-- RB

5. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I don't have a good answer for you. Perhaps you should post the phones and carrier (Sprint for you?) you're considering and people can chime in about whether one can transfer the entire phonebook or at least easily select many/all of them to transfer.

I seriously doubt anyone here has multiple Sprint phones and exhaustively tried all the various functionality/test cases.

I had an iPhone 3G and now iPhone 4 on AT&T and I'm totally SOL in terms of getting ANY contacts over from my phone to my 06 Prius. I know it can work w/proper support on the car side as I had a 2010 Lexus HS 250h w/nav easily suck over all my iPhone 3G's contacts in one fell swoop. (I'd won a free one week test drive.)

Also, when I was using a Sprint Motorola Razr V3m, I could multi-select contacts and transfer them to my Prius. I even posted about it at http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-...-cell-contact-list-phone-book.html#post551906. But, err, the Razr V3m is woefully outdated now.