1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP! 2012 Prius bluetooth won't answer incomming calls

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by tweetymariecat, Apr 11, 2012.

1. tweetymariecat

tweetymariecat New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I just got my 2012 Prius 4, the blue tooth is paired with my Samsung Captivate (SGH-I897), however the car bluetooth will not let me answer the incomming calls whenever I hit the green call button on the screen or the call button on the steering wheel.. or any button for that matter. The only way I can answer incomming calls is to dig out my phone and answer the call on my phone.. I called toyota and 3 customer service reps called me back and guess what, I was able to answer their phone calls on the car blue tooth... but no one else... I received numerous calls and was not able to answer them using my car bluetooth...

I can hear the phone calls comming in thru the speakers and the incomming calls registers on the display... but I cannot answer it thru the car blue tooth. I know you think I am carzy and after several hours of trying to correct it I am. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated!!!

2. Happy Camper

Happy Camper New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    i am having the same problem, did you get a fix?

3. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I Don't really know what to tell you BUT Since it's a new car can the dealer fix this for you.
    Back in 07 my dealer set up my phone and everything worked fine.
    I am sure someone with a 12 Prius will post the answer.

4. bielinsk

bielinsk Gremlin

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    I had a similar issue last week. I have a PiP advanced. I called them back so I didn't look into it much figured maybe I just didn't answer in time.

I will need to test this.

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well this is a bummer. i am guessing the "answer" button on the display or "phone" button on steering wheel is unresponsive?

now, if it works sometimes and not others, first thing i would do is reset the PHONE. most phones, especially Droids and i phones benefit GREATLY from power cycling them DAILY. simply turn them off for 5 minutes then turn them back on. if that does not help, delete and re sync the car profile in your BT settings.