1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP! Android Head Unit Wiring

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by BigBear2010, May 12, 2015.

1. BigBear2010

BigBear2010 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I recently purchased an Android head unit but stuck with the wiring. The only things I can get from are:

1. Play multiple band FM/AM radio
    2. Dim the screen when head light turn on

These pics below are the wiring which I need help.
    [​IMG]
    In this pic, the red circles are for the sound which just bolt on the Android wiring harness. The green rectangles are not match with the Android harness. I don't see any one can fit them

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These 2 pics are the usb cable come w/ the head unit, but I don't know what it is used for. Maybe for the Prius come w/ the usb from the factory? My prius is basic, no usb come from factory.

[​IMG]
    This is the instruction, but no help :(. No D and F connection on the back.

[​IMG]
    the back of the Android head unit

[​IMG]

Actual B connection. Less wires than in the instruction. They are:
    White-AUX L IN, Red- AUX R IN, Yellow-AUX CVBS, and the USB cable

[​IMG]
    This harness is really a mess. These red circles are known for the audio. I don't know the rest of them.
    These yellow head are all CAM V IN(exactly name printed on the labels)
    Red is AUX R IN, White is AUX L IN
    The 4 big white connector (these not in the red circles) are not match with any connector from the Prius. The rectangle red box is CAN BUS decode. There is a antena (all the way to the left in the pic), I don't know what it is used for!.
    There are too much AUX IN, CAM IN in the wiring harness. Need help Pleaseeeeeee :((
    Today, I'm able to make the steering wheel buttons work w/ the head unit, but not the MODE button. Now, need to figure out the AUX function work with the head unit. I believe it somewhere in the 20 pins, but it's really confuse

#1 BigBear2010, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
  2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Was this unit listed for sale as something that would be compatible with a 2010 Prius?

If so, I would hope you could get some specific guidance (and compatible wire harnesses) from the vendor's technical support team.

If not, you've bought yourself an interesting interface design project, and some of the information you'll need to complete it will be in the manual that came with your unit, and some will be in your car's Electrical Wiring Diagram Manual on techinfo.toyota.com, and some may be rather hard to find (e.g. AVC-LAN info, if the Gen 3 still uses AVC-LAN, I don't know for sure ... maybe it's all done over CAN now? It sounded like the head unit has some CAN decode provisions?), and there will probably be a good deal left for you to work out on your own.

-Chap

3. BigBear2010

BigBear2010 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It was listed for prius 2009 to 2012. I just need get the sterring wheel and aux work.

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sounds like tech support from the vendor is your best bet then. Sounds like they think they know how to make it work. If they don't, you should be able to return it. (If you bought it on eBay, I'd think that would fall under the policy for not-as-described.)

-Chap

5. BigBear2010

BigBear2010 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I need to identify these connectors. They are 20pins and 12pins. Try look up in google but each toyota car use different lay out functions for the same 20pins

Attached Files:

6. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    [QUOTE="BigBear2010, post: 2180467, member: 120819"Try look up in google but each toyota car use different lay out[/QUOTE]

If you're finding conflicting answers in google searches, then the value of getting the correct answers on the first try by looking in your wiring diagram on techinfo.toyota.com should be growing clear.

-Chap

7. xcuter

xcuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Does your Prius come with JBL system?

8. BigBear2010

BigBear2010 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It is NON JBL, Mine is Prius II

Today, I'm able to make the steering wheel buttons work w/ the head unit, but not the MODE button. Now, need to figure out the AUX function work with the head unit. I believe it somewhere in the 20 pins, but it's really confuse

#8 BigBear2010, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
  9. xcuter

xcuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    On my android head unit I was able to configure mode button in the system setup.

10. Maarten28

Maarten28 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Are you sure it's compatible with Prius II then? "Compatible with 2009-2012 Prius" seems to me that it is compatible with Prius III. I would assume the connectors for the steeringwheel buttons differ for both generations of Prius.