1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help: Body Part Identification

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Oniki, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Oniki

Oniki Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Hi all,

I need to buy the underbody plastic part that connects on one side to the fender liner and on the other side to the front bumper. It was mangled in a collision and then thrown out by my wife.

A part name would be great, thanks!

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    The part connected to the front bumper itself is the No. 2 Engine Under Cover Assembly (51420-47030); the larger cover immediately to the rear of that, with the removable panel for oil changes, is the No. 1 Engine Under Cover Assembly (51410-47070). Both are shown in Figure 51-02 of Toyota’s Electronic Parts Catalog:

SUSPENSION CROSSMEMBER & UNDER COVER. For 2017 Toyota Prius Prime Four Adv HYBRID | Toyota

You may also need replacement screws or clips, sold separately; the part numbers for these fasteners are shown in the figure. When ordering the cover, I suggest confirming the part number, since there is a third, similarly-named part, the No. 2 Engine Under Cover (not Cover Assembly) that is much farther to the rear.

By the way, this is the forum for the fourth-generation Prius (ZVW50/ZVW51); your profile says Prius Prime, so I linked that catalog above, and I’ll ask the moderators to move this thread to the Prime forum.

3. Oniki

Oniki Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Thanks for the help, Elektroingenie.

The part is not for my Prime, but for a 2012 Prius v.
    So I probably put the thread in wrong forum regardless.

I need the driver side, but this photo shows the passenger side equivalent: I think the photo shows the part # ends in 39. My OP says that the part connects to the fender liner and bumper, but after looking at the photo I think it connects to the fender liner and Under Cover Assembly.

Screenshot 2017-08-19 at 3.21.07 AM.png

#3 Oniki, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    Elektroingenieur likes this.
  4. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    You’re welcome. As you may have noticed, Toyota’s parts catalog website also has figures for the 2012 Prius v, including Suspension Crossmember & Under Cover (51-02), Front Bumper & Bumper Stay (52-01), and Hood & Front Fender (53-02).

I believe the part you want, on Figure 53-02, is the Left Front Fender Liner (53876-47042) (formerly 53876-47041 or 53876-47040). This part includes not only the portion above the wheel but also the extension towards the front of the vehicle.

jcmccain and Oniki like this.