1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help. Changed master cyl & 12v. VSC, ABS, Brake lights, beeping.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Midnight2065, May 25, 2023.

1. Midnight2065

Midnight2065 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So I got the dreaded ABS lights and we could still hear the pump clicking, so we decided to change out the brake master cylinder. We also swapped out the 12v to complete the flush, as previous battery seemed to be dying. After we flushed the vehicle, the lights stopped and the car worked for about a week. After a week, all of the same symptoms came back, but after a couple of hours sitting the car was back to normal. Then while driving, same thing, lights and beeping and brakes felt off. But after 10 minute, it went away. Drove all day yesterday fine, but this morning when I start the car, the brake felt stiff and the abs lights and beeping aren't going away. I didn't hear the pump click, so I'm assuming it either isn't getting power or failed? All seemed so well after we swapped the master cylinder, so now I'm trying to diagnose if it's the actual pump assembly and if that needs to be swapped or if I'm missing something. Thanks.

2. Brian1954

Brian1954 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The first thing you should do is use an OBD2 scan tool that is compatible with a Gen 3 Prius to read all the trouble codes. Then you can report the trouble codes in this thread, and you will get some great help from the members of this forum.

Can you please explain, in detail, how you did the brake bleeding procedure after installing the "brake master cylinder". Did you use a scan tool during the bleeding process?

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Midnight2065 likes this.
  3. Midnight2065

Midnight2065 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My friend had the proper techstreAm software and the computer for it. He did it just like they do in the shop. We followed the instructions, jacked each tire, he had me pump 8 times then hold to get all the air out. Did for each tire. Then let the software do its thing. That said, I only had 3 codes initially. When I went back recently I had 2 new codes that weren't there previously. C1202 and c1365 are the new ones. C1252, c1253 and c1256 were the original codes. All of the symptoms pointed to the cylinder as we could still hear pump. I'm wondering if the pump kicked the bucket now. They said normally the pump is good, and it was ir seemed like. But now the brakes feel completely gone, i dont hear the pump and the car is almost impossible to stop if not going very slow.

Attached Files: