1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP "Check hybrid system" during Enginer install...

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by banshee08, Nov 14, 2009.

1. banshee08

banshee08 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi all,

I was in the middle of installing the Enginer 4KWH system in my 2010. I disconnected the 12V and the OEM HV battery as directed and proceeded to install the main power wire to the output terminal of the OEM battery. Finished the install of the two wires and covered everything up and button down all the panels. Reconnected the HV battery plug and 12v battery to start the car and see if everything was ok but the car will not start. I get a message saying "Check Hybrid System" and cannot put the car into drive. Can someone help???

Thanks,

Chan

1 person likes this.
  2. MJFrog

MJFrog Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    Two possibilities:
    1. Recheck the HV battery plug. It must be pushed down and the lever flipped over.
    2. When you connected the line from the front switch into the Prius connectors under the glove box, did you use the crimp-on connectors? They have a tendency to cut THROUGH the wire instead of crimping on. This does nasty things (although usually not hazardous to the car).

2 people like this.
  3. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sometimes simply cycling through the power on/ power off, can clear some issues.

2 people like this.
  4. banshee08

banshee08 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks All,

I did not push the HV lever all the way to the right. The bottom of the leveler has a connection. It is working now. Wow that is fast fast response. Thank goodness there is priuschat.

Now finishing up the install and ready to charge for the night.

1 person likes this.