1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help...Code u0293...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by coachbanks, Jul 13, 2016.

1. coachbanks

coachbanks New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Scanner found u0293,,,recommended reseal power inverter.
    what I have read for two days says its Power source ECU..

What happened,,,kids was driving car, had 3 phones plugged in, ac, lights, and when she tried to set cruise, car went into limp mode, gear lights flashing,,,went into neutral,,,stop beside highway,,had to be towed.
    12 volt battery charged and tested ok. no blown fuses. I reset ECU by jumping pins 14 and 4. no change, tried master reset by holding brake and power button down, no change..removed ecu fuse to reset, no change.

tried two scanners, both said same thing and code, the one from advanced auto pulled code and on fix it said "resealed Power Inverter"

Im really lost

2. Kevin_Denver

Kevin_Denver Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    First thing I would try is unplugging the negative on the battery for one minute and then reconnecting to reset everything. If the car does restart, drive carefully to see if error reoccurs. Based on this:https://techinfo.toyota.com/t3Portal/document/rm/RM1290U/xhtml/RM000003VFG006X.html?sisuffix=ff&locale=en&siid=1468434074526
    it sounds like it's either a problem with the cables connecting to the Power Management Control ECU or the PMCECU itself has given up. Have you tried following the 3 steps at the bottom of that page? If something open-circuited or close-circuited that shouldn't have, that could have caused the error you're getting. Sometimes such errors have to be tracked down by testing each wire in a harness to see if it's open or connected to ground or the other end of the cable as expected.