1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help connect OEM reverse camera to aftermarket radio

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Rob adame, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Rob adame

Rob adame New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just installed an aftermarket radio and have been having trouble figuring out how to retain my back up camera.I have been do a lot of research and they have been helpful on what I need but never give me enough confidence to snip wires.

I have bought a 12v to 6v step down and a RCA cable.

I located the camera harness (16 pins with 5 wires) but I can’t find any diagrams on what those wires are. I’ve also been trying to find the reverse trigger wire because most tutorials say I need it.

I attached a pdf / photo with all the wire diagrams I have, can someone help me figure out how to do this?

btw: I have a 2013 Prius not JBL with nav

Attached Files:

2. Rob adame

Rob adame New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Update: I have figured out how most of the process but I still cannot figure out what the wire colors in the camera harness are. There are two red wires, an orange, a white, and black wire. A total of 5 wires in a 16 pin connector, all the forms I see only talk about 4 wires.

3. prius2010II

prius2010II Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Metra sells a cable adapter which will let you use a factory camera with an aftermarket HU.

Montgomery likes this.
  4. rickster26ter

rickster26ter New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    @Rob adame - did you ever figure this out? My car is the same wiring, no yellow wire on that 16 pin connector.

5. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I would suggest to you both that you get an aftermarket harness. It eliminates the guess work.

6. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Here is what I am talking about. One end plugs into the new Head Unit, the other into all the old wires. That was it. Everything worked. Steering wheel buttons and reverse camera.
    [​IMG]