1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP engine codes on (2005 Prius)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by antwon3008, Jun 2, 2018.

1. antwon3008

antwon3008 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hello, I was driving normally yesterday and out of no where my engine light came BACK on after over 800 miles since it was last on. Previously the light came on with codes P1116 and P1121 so after reading through posts I went and changed the coolant control valve myself and after installing the new one the code sure enough went away and I was very happy. I drove all the way to Ohio (from New York) and back and have been driving for about 2 weeks since then and it stayed off but now yesterday it came back on and this time it reads codes P0446, P1116, P1121, and P1122. Two of the SAME codes are back and now there are TWO more?! Is there anyone who knows if all these are related, I know most are but what about the new ones, and is this expensive or damaging to the car? I really don't have the funds to keep pouring money into the prius please help. Also I should mention I bought the car used about 3 months ago and it now has 111,120 miles on it (bought at 108,000 miles) and the battery seems to charge well and is usually always with green or high blue bars on screen. Thank you to anyone who can help me.

2. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Perhaps you have air in the line?
    Can you describe how you bled it?

With a car of this age you should invest the ~$75 cost of some diagnostic tools so you can see more data including the hybrid battery voltage information.

Elm 327 Bluetooth OBDII adaptor
    Android tablet/phone
    Torque Pro app

Watching the screen of the car does not really tell you that much about the hv battery.

3. Cammac

Cammac Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I’m having almost this same issue with the p1122 code appearing after replacing the CCV from code P1121