1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help finding Mods

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Oni Prius, May 20, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Oni Prius

Oni Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Hello everyone I have a 2015 Toyota Prius Persona and have a few mods in mind but I can't seem to find the ones I'm looking for on my own and would like help. I am looking to find

1. door sensor poppers (planning on shaving door handles)

2. New front bumper (without license plate placement in the middle) and better looking rear dumper

And if possible, find something that'll help give the prius a little more speed/acceleration ‍‍♂️

This is my boy so far
    Screenshot_20210520-152030_Instagram.jpg

Burna J likes this.
  2. Jim Swart

Jim Swart Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    "And if possible, find something that'll help give the prius a little more speed/acceleration"

I don't know what that is going to be beyond installing a Red Bullet variable valve timing solenoid and using the PWR mode .

#2 Jim Swart, May 21, 2021
    Last edited: May 21, 2021
    Max Taiwan likes this.
  3. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Max Taiwan likes this.
  4. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Sounds to me like you bought the wrong car.

Messing with the door handles will likely negate the touch sensors for lock and unlock, and to accomplish what exactly ?

Replacing the front bumper will likely cost you a CRAP load of money.......and just to eliminate the license plate holes ???

And if you want more power.......you DID get the wrong car.
    Seriously.

P.S. There is no such thing as "better spark plugs"; that is all "snake oil" marketing hype.
    And a "free flow" air filter sometimes gives you LESS power not more.

Ed Beaty likes this.
  5. Ed Beaty

Ed Beaty Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    "I second the red bullet but also would mention a K&N air filter and pulstar spark plugs and if you need a lighter HV battery then go with the Dr. Prius lithium battery from projectlithium.com"

Spam artist on board....

6. Ed Beaty

Ed Beaty Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    "using the PWR mode ." Will NOT actually add more power to the Prius than is already there; it will only change the response curve of the accelerator pedal. And who KNOWS what a Red Bullet actually accomplishes. Not much supporting data that I have seen.

7. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    dukes of hazard yee haaaaw!

8. Samuel Williams Jr

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The front license plate is no big deal. I never run one on any of my cars. But note ... don't cop an attitude if you get pulled over for not having one in a state that requires them.

The first officer, told me that the law states, if there is a place for the license on the front bumper you have to have one. I was in a black ice fender bender, that time in my Tercel (No front plate) and asked him about him. He did not care. But now know I know. :)

The second time however, the NVHP, trooper made a U-Turn and pulled me over because, I did not have a front License plate. Sigh, the Tercel again (not stock) and he states I pulled you over because you have no front license plate.
    He asked me a bunch of silly non related questions, which I politely and respectfully answered and let me go on my way. But yet again no fix ticket!

And my take is "if they can't be bothered to write it up? Then I can't be bothered to put one on? But if there incident I did put the front plate on the dash on the passenger side.

My point is if your gonna willing break the law, don't cop an attitude when/if you get pulled over for it. :)

But the front plate on the Prius, I'm pretty sure that is just a bracket bolted to the bumper? Just take off and it's done and fill in the holes and repaint if you want to go out and thus, no place for a front plate. The limo tint on the driver windows is another don't cope an attitude mod. If you get pulled over for it.

The short ram intakes? The short ram intakes, whatever. They look cool and sound great but more power is doubtful? The engine goes from drawing in cool air from down low to breathing in hot air from the engine bay. I run them on a couple of my N/A car's but not on my Turbo.

And shaving the door handles with the Smart key system may be a bit more complex then it sounds but I don't know?

9. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I have "reported" his spamy sig links before......and gotten no response.
    Apparently has an "in" with the management here somehow.