1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help finding video for LED mirror glass install

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by GoldPianoGarden, May 9, 2012.

1. GoldPianoGarden

GoldPianoGarden Bling Meister

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    As many of you already know, XMAN LIVE PriusChat Forums - View Profile: XMAN LIVE and I both got the blue Sakura Car Accessories with LED must be SAKURA mirror glass with the running LED signal lights behind the mirror glass. He already installed his, but I was waiting until the right point of my modification process to put mine in. Well, that time is now! I brought my mirrors home from the bodyshop last night to install them and then return the mirrors today so they could reassemble the mirrors and put them back on the car (didn't want to have to take the signal cover on and off repeatedly since I've heard others mention that it can begin not fitting/staying on very good after being put on and off a number of times). There are sample install videos on Youtube eaw9990 - YouTube that show how to put them on a NON-heated mirror
    . But ours are heated. Back when I first received the mirror kit a number of months ago, I remember seeing a video on Youtube from a vendor of a similar product
    that had shown the installer peeling back the heating element and placing their LED strip underneath it, then pressing the heating element back down over the top of it. I assume that our mirrors would work similarly....but there's always the chance that there's something weird about ours that I'm unaware of! I emailed the seller, and I emailed XMAN LIVE, but neither have answered. I noticed that XMAN LIVE has not posted on the forum for several months.....so....I decided I'd try the forum as a whole to see if anyone else could be of help, since I'm holding up progress on my car by not getting the mirrors taken care of. Well, does anyone know of a reason that our heating element can't be transferred to the new mirror glass and have the small LED strip placed underneath it? The LED strip is just a long rectangle that is 3 1/2 inches long by 1/3 inch, by the way. It's flat as a credit card. Thanks for any help!!

EDIT: I'm sorry for not realizing I named this post wrong. I initially was SEARCHING for the video that showed the guy putting the LED piece under the heating element.....then I found the video while I was typing this up! And, of course, we can't edit the titles of our posts....