1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP Gen 1 DTC 3025

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by T Filson, Dec 6, 2020.

1. T Filson

T Filson New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Greetings Gents, and ladies.
    I have a 2003 Prius. It has served me well. 150k miles. 2 weeks ago on a short trip, death triangles came up. gas engine began to rev very high, and the car began to shudder badly, and noticeably less power. I was able to limp it to an appointment and let it parked for an hour or so. I read the codes and it was 3025,3006, 1436,1455. I cleared the codes and started the car....all seemed well...no triangles...headed for home....thought it was all well.....almost home and the same thing happened....ice reved high, not much power...shuddering on any incline....Got it home and read the codes again...3025 again...but that was all ...no other codes. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I cannot find any discussion on this code. and, what it means and how to correct it. HELP!

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you mean P3025 then that is (hybrid vehicle) battery block 15 becomes weak.

Again, if you meant P1436 and P1455, P14xx codes usually point to the evaporative control system. It would seem it is somewhat intermittent at this stage.

3. Josey

Josey Active Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I would ignore the P14xx's for now. The P3006 & P3025 likely mean that you're just about needing a new HV battery. 3006 is about too much variation in voltage between different battery blocks. The 3025 says that, at the moment, block 15 is the problem.

If it's still the original HV battery, then you should feel lucky that you've made it this long with it. It's past due for failure.