1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help: Hands free Mic popped out

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jinenjo7, Jan 14, 2017.

1. jinenjo7

jinenjo7 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Hi. New to posting to the PriusChat forums, but I've been using it as a resource for a while now. Good stuff.

I tried to figure this out on my own, but need some help. My Bluetooth microphone popped out from its housing and I can't get it back in. There is a white "frame" the mic snaps back into, to hold it to the headliner, but I don't know how to snap it in. The frame won't stay in place when I push the mic toward the roof.

I tried to remove part of the headliner to get to the frame by disassembling the sun visor and the interior map light/dome light, but could only get as far as taking of the visor and clasp, and cover, respectively. I seem to be stuck at removing the dome light housing. The headliner is not going anywhere while that's in place.
    20170114_152042.jpg 20170114_152158.jpg

I know this has to be DIY-worthy! Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. SamanthaC0716

SamanthaC0716 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    So weird that it popped out. I'd glue it back in. Guessing some little tab somewhere broke for it to have popped out in the first place. Glue may be your best bet.

iPhone ?

3. jinenjo7

jinenjo7 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Thanks. It doesn't seem like a tab broke though. I could glue it as a last resort I suppose.

I saw in another thread about a headliner replacement (or something), someone posted a detailed Toyota repair manual. It was for a regular Prius though. Do you or anyone know how to get one for the Prius C?

4. SamanthaC0716

SamanthaC0716 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I may be misunderstanding, but are you considering replacing the entire headliner to fix that one microphone piece? If so, you must be quite the perfectionist. That seems like a ton of effort, possibly cost... Not sure on pricing.

iPhone ?

5. jinenjo7

jinenjo7 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I'm simply trying to get to the mic clasp, the white frame, by opening up the headliner. I don't need to replace it at all.
    I'm far from a perfectionist. :)

6. Daoud Hussain

Daoud Hussain Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey all,

I'm facing the same problem!! Don't know how it happened or when. It I'm a victim too. How do I fix this?

Attached Files:

7. Daoud Hussain

Daoud Hussain Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Solved it! Pop out the map light assembly and reach in with your hand to secure mic to bracket!

Attached Files:

esroca likes this.
  8. jinenjo7

jinenjo7 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Well done! What do you mean when you say pop out the map light assembly, I could only get the cover off.

9. esroca

esroca New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    How do you remove the map light assembly???

10. Mo G

Mo G Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Same Issue, I super glued it back to the headliner. I couldn't figure out how to fix it any other way, and I did not want to take the headliner off to do so either.

11. Metalliogrev281

Metalliogrev281 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Hello, I fixed this for my daughter and wanted to share the info. Fish the white clip out from the ceiling. You might have to unsnap the mic (easy). Get two pieces of thread. Make sure they are long enough to fold in half (for strength). Loop a piece of thread on each side of the clip and put it back into the ceiling. Position the clip into place and pull down slightly on both sides of the clip. Push mic up into the clip then pull string out.

Hypermylz likes this.