1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP HELP HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Robert@bkbs, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Robert@bkbs

Robert@bkbs New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    2008 Prius.
    Quick Rundown of the deal. I work at a bodyshop in wa state. Car came in with hail damage. Replaced Roof and hood. Repaired decklid. After getting roof welded on, started car and parked in parking lot running. Car was then shut off. Doors were left open and 12v battery died i believe. Car was jumped (may have been jumped backwards) but wouldnt start. Went to toyota dealership and they want to just start replacing computers until they find the problem. Car is now getting towed back to us.

Battery was charged up to 100%. When you try to start the car, the fuel gauge will flash and the gear indicator will flash. Also car will not connect with the obdII port.

Any ideas of what i can check once it comes back here if the car was jumped backwards? Let me know asap! Thank you very much,

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Some posts over the years reporting ECU's failing on the car if the car was welded on. It is a good idea if any welding going on to disconnect the 12 volt & disconnect the Hybrid battery from the chassis by removing orange safety inlock connector located bythe Hybrid Battery.

But frst you may have a really bad 12v battery with a shorted cell. If itwas me I would disconnect the 12 volt battery completely and just hook the battery charger directly to the battery conections (outboard test 12) and see how it behaves. That will at least take the 12 volt out of the mix.

4. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    If the 12Volt battery is disconnected the HV battery is completely isolated by the HV relays, the safety link just basically splits the HV battery in two.