1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help I'm locked out blew fuse

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Esterbrookangela2, Apr 7, 2023.

1. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I guess you mean if you have the key and put it in a certain way and turn it sideways you can pull the cylinder out Is that what we're getting at here?

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    With that torx bit screw facing the center post I'll have to go out and look at a Corolla I don't think it's like that but maybe like in my 85 to '90s you had to take the door skin off undo a 10 mm bolt and then the lock cylinder actually came off towards you with the door panel off not out the front but only had to do that once or twice and then there were rods connected to it little white plastic pieces of you unclip and push up and angle and get the rod off fun days.

3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That's really bad news. And will be expensive.

When I had my G2 I made a copy of the metal key and kept it in a HideAKey tin can under the car.

When you get sorted out plan on doing that and plan on getting 2 FOBS too.

We have a "Search Forums" feature on this site. Its the blue link up top. I searched the term LOST FOB for you so here's some reading for you to get some ideas on what to do next.

Start reading::

https://priuschat.com/search/411098840/?q=lost+fob&t=post&o=relevance