1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help in San Jose, Coastal EV install?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by ThunderJon, Mar 14, 2006.

1. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

"there is no audible beep or beeps when the EV is turned off with the cruise stalk. does it only beep when it is turned off by other means (speed over 34, fewer than 3 bars, etc?)"

Mine also works this way. You feel it, and you will also see it on the energy screen, but no beeps.

2. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Working as designed :) There is NO "I've gone into EV" beep. It is the same beep you hear anytime you switch screens. Notice that if you are already on the energy screen, you will not get a beep when you engage EV. If it kicks out on its own, you will hear the same 3 beeps you get when the car refuses to do as commanded :)

3. peternlori

peternlori New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThunderJon @ Mar 14 2006, 02:00 PM) [snapback]224761[/snapback]</div>
    Does any one know if installing the ev coastal mod voids your manufacturer's warranty? I want one in my car, but I am not sure if I should. I am new at all this. Just got mine on Saturday, September 1, 2007 PKG3#.... Oh, does any one know if you can pay to have the GPS installed if it didn't come that way from the factory? I have the 'map' button. When I push it the screen comes up saying "external system not connected". My salesman was under the impression that if I had the map button then maybe I could have it installed. We settled for pkg. 3 and drove 5 hours to Atlanta to get it. Could not find pkg 5 with Silver Pine Mica anywhere. Now I am bummed.... want GPS. By the way. Averaging 58.8! Woohoo!!! Increased tire pressure. Averaged 45mpg before that.

4. peternlori

peternlori New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThunderJon @ Mar 14 2006, 02:00 PM) [snapback]224761[/snapback]</div>
    Does any one know if installing the ev coastal mod voids your manufacturer's warranty? I want one in my car, but I am not sure if I should. I am new at all this. Just got mine on Saturday, September 1, 2007 PKG3#.... Oh, does any one know if you can pay to have the GPS installed if it didn't come that way from the factory? I have the 'map' button. When I push it the screen comes up saying "external system not connected". My salesman was under the impression that if I had the map button then maybe I could have it installed. We settled for pkg. 3 and drove 5 hours to Atlanta to get it. Could not find pkg 5 with Silver Pine Mica anywhere. Now I am bummed.... want GPS. By the way. Averaging 58.8! Woohoo!!! Increased tire pressure. Averaged 45mpg before that.

Attached Files:

• Noah.JPG
      Noah.JPG
      File size:
      178.5 KB
      Views: