1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help installing built in DVD headrest

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Beano39, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Beano39

Beano39 Awesome Guy

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey guys i am going to install built in DVD headrest monitors into my 2007 touring prius. I have posted questions about this before, but want to know if anyone has detailed info on how to install these myself. Ive been told there is an amp under my drivers seat where i can do all the wiring, but im not sure & dont want to screw things up. If anyone knows how to do this or has a wiring guide or anything like for this, that be real useful. Also, if anyone knows how to get the seat back off to feed the wires down, let me know that as well. I have the leather interior & the seat backs seem seamless. & it if it helps, its the power acoustik HDVD-9 model twin monitors.

2. drew935

drew935 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
  3. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i just removed my entire interior to remove my carpets, under the drivers seat is a DENSO nav head unit (if equipped), under the passenger seat is the JBL premiums sound system amp (if equipped). although I had no problem other people report that there are very sharp things under the seats, so if you're going to be running wires down there make sure to buy cable sleeves (nylon or the plastic ones you see protecting all the cables everywhere down there). Make sure there is enough slack in your cables, when you are done lie on the back seat and look down with a flashlight, have someone else move the seats fully forward and fully back several times and make sure that nothing is even close to catching. Too little slack and the wires may get damaged when the seat is moved fully forward or backwards. Too much slack and a backseat passenger may catch their shoe on it and pull the cable loose. Make it just right.