1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help! List of codes.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Jackson King, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Jackson King

Jackson King New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I hope for a simple reset, or all the codes overlap to a single problem. Daily driver, the dashboard is a Christmas tree right now. No red triangle, but I know that is coming based on the miles I have put on it.
    B1421/1442
    B2799
    C1345/1392
    P2103
    I have been searching. While I have found each code, nothing about all this at once. My hope for some kind of press these buttons and move this switch 4 times type answer.

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That would be nice, but unfortunately, it doesn't usually work that way.
    You don't say where you have been searching and unless the information you have found is specifically for a 2005 Prius, you could be led up the garden path.

It looks like you have 5 separate problems. There is nothing that changes your approach having that 'combination' of codes. They don't appear to be linked one within another, so it's just a matter of picking one and dealing with it, then picking the next one and dealing with that, and so on.

First, I would pick the P2103 (which indicates the throttle actuator control motor circuit is high) as the priority and deal with that.

Next would be the C1345 and C1392, To fix these, you will need Techstream (or another capable scanner with bidirectional capabilities) to relearn the linear solenoid valve offset and recalibrate the stroke sensor zero point calibration, respectively. If you are unable to do these two functions, it might indicate bigger issues to do with the brake actuator and/or accumulator.

In relation to the B2799, I presume you've disconnected the 12 V battery at some point in an effort to clear the codes. When reconnecting the battery negative cable please be aware of the following two points:
    1. When the warning light is illuminated or the battery has been disconnected and reconnected, turning the power switch may not start the system on the first try. If so, press the power switch again.
    2. With the power switch's power mode changed to IG-ON, disconnect the battery. If the key is not in the key slot during reconnection, DTC B2799 may be output.
    The B2799 should have a three-digit INF or detail code (539 through 544) which would be helpful to pinpoint the cause a little more specifically. You can find the INF code in the freeze frame data (FFD).

The last code is less urgent and can be dealt with when you can get to it. It might involve taking apart some of the dash, but some people do manage to contort themselves to get at the servo from underneath.

#2 dolj, Jun 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If I remember right, there's a way to kick off the linear solenoid learning without Techstream, using a jumper wire and a little bit of a dance. Should be in the repair manual, that's where I found it. I'm sure I did it that way once.

Toyota Service Information and Where To Find It | PriusChat