1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help me decide on a color...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Caniac, May 27, 2016.

?
  1. Navy Blue Matte

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Black Matte

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Caniac

Caniac Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Since my spouse is still rolling his eyes and refusing to help me decide I figured I'd get input from the mod crew.

I have decided that I want to dip my emblems. Of course I could just go to the local store and get black but I see that I can order navy blue online. What color would you go with?

My car is nautical blue, rims are stock 15's (minus covers) with black center caps.

2. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Would the navy blue matte be a close match to your nautical blue? Could you special order a complementary blue instead?

3. Starbrand

Starbrand Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I had to dig deep in my album folder, but found 2 old pics with both Black Plasti Dip (top pic) and Navy Blue Plasti Dip (bottom pic). Can't really tell the difference unless you're up close. But the Navy Blue matches really well with the Winter Grey Metallic Toyota color.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    tried chameleon plasti-dip too
    [​IMG]

I even tried pink and teal... didnt last even a day before I hydro-dipped them carbon fiber. As of right now, theyre black (non-plasti-dip). But whatever decision you make, always do 5+ coats for an easy peel later on! I learned the hard way when I had to use goo-gone on my taillights >.<
    [​IMG][​IMG]

EDIT: but if you're talking about the side and rear badges... I vote to remove them completely :D
    [​IMG]

#3 Starbrand, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
  4. Caniac

Caniac Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I really have no idea how close the navy would be to the nautical blue. Colors are tough to judge sometimes when they just show color samples and not comparisons.

I think I might just stick to the black for now because it would be a lot cheaper to just go grab a can and try it. Especially since I have never done any dipping before.

I have seen videos of hydro dipping but how do you find people that do it?

I appreciate the feedback.

5. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Try the black and see if you like the results.

Starbrand likes this.