1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help me find a Gen II to buy in North Carolina!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Funk-O-Meter, Aug 26, 2012.

1. AllenZ

AllenZ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I think both cars are reasonable price at current market.
    If you drive below 10K/year, I would buy the 2011 for sure. If more than 20K, go with the 07'. This way you even out the mileage, so when you sell it down the road, it is average mileage compare to most cars of that age. That will maximize your selling price relative to your usage.

2. Funk-O-Meter

Funk-O-Meter Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Getting closer. Found a few n my area that I can live with. 68k miles on an 09' for 16k or a 08' with 56kmiles for 16g's out the door. Not quite as good a deal as a few down in Atlanta but with doc and dealer fees those dealers charge (I researched) I could very well drive all the down there and pay the same. The dealers down there are an unknown quantity and as they say 2 birds in the hand are worth 4 in Atlanta. :)

I can't even find any Yaris or Fit's around me for a decent price. If I can't find the Prius deal I need I'm going to buy a cheap little Versa. I like those and their really cheap and easy to find around here.

Anyway I'm shopping for a good loan now and have 3 offers so far. Fingers crossed.

3. AllenZ

AllenZ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Loan on used car is not cheap. If you don't drive A LOT, buying a used Prius with finance is not going to save you any money. Run through the number, and you will know.

If you have $4000 in cash, get a used reliable car, drive it for 3 years, then buy a used Prius with cash saved. For that money, you can get a decent Toyota, less than 10 years old:

Find Your Car: Toyota Listings Near Winnetka, IL 60093 - AutoTrader.com

4. HaroldW

HaroldW Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Re-involt has a low mileage 2008 and a 2003 for sale. H

5. Funk-O-Meter

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Found one!

[​IMG]

Not exactly a glamor shot.. I've been super busy the last few days and just snapped this in the drive with my crazy neighbors yip dog fence in the shot :/

Bought an 08' with 36k miles a couple of days ago. Certified pre-owned with all the uber warranty. I hadn't even planned on getting a certified used one but I found this one on the dealers website before they even put it out on the lot. I got a good deal from an honest dealership with no doc fee's or any BS. Looked on the web and called dealerships all over the southeast and wound up buying one 25 miles away. Had to move fast though these things don't hang around long. It's a base model so I've been checking out adding an aux in for my iphone and cruise control which both look pretty straight forward and cheap for a DIY'er like myself. Other then that I kinda wish I had the SKS but you know I'm fine with remote key fob for the price. And I like red.

I app'ed at a bunch of banks for financing and Toyota wound up beating everybody's best offer by almost a point.

All in all It worked out really well and I get to join the cool kids club! I suspect I'll be driving this car for at least a decade.

6. GrGramps

GrGramps Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    I see the Brian Easler tag on the front and have to comment. We moved to the area a few years ago and have heard nothing but favorable comments about Easler from Toyota owners. Furthermore, I think that the difficulty in finding what you wanted at a reasonable price is an indication of the desirability of the Prius.

Enjoy your new car and keep us posted!!

7. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Congrat's on the purchase. Just for grins, what was the sale price? Nice looking for sure. Glad to see and hear you found one for yourself. Enjoy the ride and the MPG too.

Ron

8. Funk-O-Meter

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    $16,400. I feel good about the deal. Dealership was great and no BS.

9. AllenZ

AllenZ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Sounds like very good deal. Congrats!

10. pappyt

pappyt Junior Member

bought both of our prius's at bryan easler, they seem to be a good dealer. also get you some toyota mudflaps,world of difference when you have to wash the car