1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP! me find an '06 ASAP: $50 finder's fee

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jack 06, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    My dealer just informed me that even though I'm next in line, his current allocation, shipped 1/17, was cut to ONE car, and he won't know until 2/5 what it is. Chances are tiny it's what I "reserved". He also said my order could be pushed back 2 months or more.

So I'm going to full-court press to find one, ANYWHERE W of the Mississippi.

If anyone will help me by at least giving me the name and phone # of a dealer, and that results in my buying, I'll pay $50 finder's fee.

I'll take 1) Driftwood 2) Seaside 3) Barcelona, pref. with bisque interior (but gray acceptable), with either pkg 2 or 3. No other colors, no other pkg. And I won't pay over MSRP---but I don't expect you to do my research for me and call any dealers yourself.

Meantime, I'm burning up the phone lines, starting with El Paso, TX, because I know they sell #2s. But it takes time to figure out which region a city/state is in, get a ZIP, then find dealer(s) and call them.

Even if you don't even know if your dealer has a Prius on the ground, I'll call them. I'm not getting on any lists---gotta find one on the ground before they're gone and the storm has passed. I'll fly almost anywhere east to a line between Missouri and Minnesota.

Thanks.

2. OUscarb

OUscarb Member

There's a couple at Riverside Toyota in Tulsa Oklahoma. Don't know if that is too far from you.

Ask for Gregg Bliss
    918-836-2769

Good Luck

3. Clar

Clar Member

4. 01blackum

01blackum New Member

What option package it is, but it's blue with a selling price of $24,375 it could be the package you want.

www.markmillertoyota.com - Salt Lake City - Talk to Lemme - worked with him on a purchase that didn't pan out, but he seemed straightforward and at MSRP

You can see inventory on their website, no telling if they are still sitting there.

5. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Freeman Toyota Call Sol 1-800-225-3055. Only upper end packags for '06, has used ones '05 silver, basic packages

6. OUscarb

OUscarb Member

Jack, I just talked to Hudiberg Toyota in Oklahoma City where I bought mine at MSRP,

On the ground right now they have,

06 White package 3
    06 Driftwood Package 6

405-741-4451
    Ask for Joel Brown

Tell him Terry Scarberry sent ya, Again Good Luck

7. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

I'm checking back in for the first time since I posted. Thanks to you who responded. I've called 16 dealers, 13 in CA and one each in KS, UT and TX. I've found a third-choice color (red) #2 in Dodge City and am waiting for callbacks from El Paso and Salt Lake City (yes, 01blackum, mark miller, but their inventory has even their sales guy befuddled!).

Problem with Dodge City is finding an airport and small commuter airline---my next task. Let's get out of Dodge? No, let's get INTO Dodge. Salt Lake would be far easier, of course.

Koons Tyson has all kinds of "Beware! Sleazy dealer" warnings overlaying their website address, including some guy claiming he won a suit against them. I'll save them as a backup---they apparently have exactly what I want. Haven't checked OK City yet.

Again, thanks. If nothing else, this little exercise might serve as an example for some newbies about how to find a car in short order in a distressed market, using a great built-in resource---PC!

(Actually, this is kinda fun, but tiring.)

BTW, the Dodge City price is MSRP, no dealer add-ons, $199 dealer processing fee (excessive, but I'll pay it if I can't negotiate out of it); $23,515 OTD + CA tax after I get home.

8. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    suppose coast-to-coast is a little far, eh? i've got the nations' biggest prius seller practically in my back yard. :)

good luck!

9. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Outside chance I might do cross-country, as my 73-yr-old sister is very ill in NY. Playing everything by ear at the moment. Must beat Rancid to a car. :p

10. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    currently they don't have your color, don't know when the truck's coming next. if you want a white, classic silver or black though... this allocation must be pretty picked through.

sorry to hear about your sister, hope she gets well soon.

11. sunnysandiegan

sunnysandiegan New Member

Some dealers here in San Diego:

Robert Martin
    Fleet/Internet Sales Manager
    Toyota San Diego
    619-280-4100 office
    619-709-0641 cell
    [email protected]

Dan Pasenelli
    Internet/Fleet Dept Sales Manager
    Kearny Mesa Toyota-Scion
    (858)499-8705

Poway Toyota
    858-486-2900

Good Luck Jack!

12. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Jack, I will help you for FREE! Just let me know if you want me to help at all. I can start calling around. I did it to find mine and I hit the jackpot! I was pretty fast at tracking down the dealers AND getting their toll free #s!

Edited to add: I think if someone wants a Prius and is will to travel they should do exactly what Jacks doing!

13. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Talked to the San Diego dealers (I had bought from Kearney Mesa before)---no dice.

BUT: I have found flight connections from Sacramento to Denver to Dodge City, probably for Friday, only 4-1/2 hr. incl. layover in Denver, getting me into Dodge at 1 p.m.; AND the dealer will subtract the cost of my flight ($400) from the MSRP; AND they'll pick me up at the airport!

Howzzat? B)

If I can't find a Driftwood or Seaside tonight or tomorrow morning, I think I'll go for it.

BTW, Hoy Fox Toyota in El Paso doesn't even return calls. After the Fleet Mgr., John Logan, cut me off twice with his cell phone, he said, "let me get a land line and call you right back". He had just taken my number. Never happened. Business must be good.

Tidbit: Sunnyvale Toyota (near SF) said there were no Seaside #3s in the STATE because some company had fleet-purchased all 25 of the ones available! Thought Toyota had suspended fleet purchases. Must be they're reinstated. :angry:

I missed a Driftwood #3 by 5 hr. today, only 30 mi. away in Sacramento.

Found a silver #3 in Salt Lake, but my '04's silver.

I can drive from Dodge City to Salt Lake City, where I have good friends, Friday afternoon/night. Might be 800 mi. or so. I love driving at night, if it's clear and I have good music.

Gotta check The Weather Channel now. :mellow:

14. dvd

dvd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Try:

Jon Geffen
    General Manager
    Corporate Fleet-VIP Sales
    Alternative Fuel Vehicles
    Ron Tonkin Dealerships
    122 NE 122nd Avenue
    Portland, Or 97230
    503-408-4150
    Fax 503-408-4159
    [email protected]

Not sure if they have any stock, but they're a great dealer and are close to the Portland Airport.

15. notsure

notsure New Member

waiting for two call backs, they think they have a 2-3 driftwood coming in will send another message yeah or neah.... phoenix

16. benighted

benighted New Member

Theres 3 or 4 of them sitting at Five Star in Aberdeen, WA being sold for MSRP.

(360)532-0650

17. notsure

notsure New Member

no go sorry !

18. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Thanks, dvd, notsure and benighted. I'll call all three in the morning. I have to commit on an airline ticket by about noon.

I'd rather drive home from WA, OR or AZ than KS. Then again, there's something adventurous-sounding about "riding into Dodge". :p May come down to weather.

If this isn't the best way to find the Prius you want, I don't know what is!

19. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

There are 3 there. 1 06 Package #7 and then 2 05s.

20. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

I possibly found an 06 Driftwood in WI. Not sure on what package it is.

Can you come to WI? I know that would be pretty far for you.