1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP! me find an '06 ASAP: $50 finder's fee

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jack 06, Jan 24, 2006.

1. sunnysandiegan

sunnysandiegan New Member

Jack ~ We ordered a Seaside #3 and our salesman called us Friday to tell us it is on its way. How interesting what Sunnyvale said. There are more dealers in San Diego and I can get those numbers for you later. I wish you the best of luck in finding what you want! :)

2. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Because my deal blew up in my face, I suddenly became determined to pull one out of the hat (an old habit). Yes, if I had to, I'd have flown as far as WI, but it'd have to be my first choice in both color and pkg. For KS, I'll compromise on color to get a #2 (save $650 and won't miss the bags---sorry, safety freaks). For a city closer, since there are no #2s out here, I'll compromise on a 3, but it'll have to be driftwood or seaside. Priorities, priorities.

Thanks for your offer of help. We're in the process of proving that the PC "network", coupled with a little initiative, can do almost anything.

BTW, had a nice phone call with XLR8, who PMed from Las Cruces, NM but knows dealers in El Paso. Cool guy! ALL of you are cool. ;)

3. andyman68

andyman68 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd come to Wisconsin if you can find me a #4. Prefer, Classic Silver, Silver Pine Mica, or Seaside Pearl, but am open to other colors other than white and red.

Andy

4. notsure

notsure New Member

Jack
    Trying doing dex on line ... toyota and a city, state
    It will bring up all of the dealers in that area.
    That might help you in calling around.

5. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Ok tell me which states you will go to. I will do some searching. Does it FOR SURE have to be a package #4? Not sure there are many #4s out there?? No specific interior color right?

I like looking for stuff so anyone who wants me to search for them please give me ALL your info! It's VERY important that I know exactly which state or states you will go to!

6. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

You go, andyman! Beat the rush. :p Put up a thread if you really want one.

7. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

http://www2.nada.org/find-inventory.cgi

Don't know if you tried this site. You would then use your browser/search to go directly to dealer website. A dealer in Folsom Lake, Ca has a few, but not sure which packages ($26,321 - Driftwood Pearl, 3 of them on web)

8. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    We just got our car from Gladstone in Portland OR. They have good inventory and turnover. 1-866-861-0606.

9. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Jack, So should I let you know on the Driftwood tomorrow?

10. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Interesting but I wondering how accurate and updated that is?

11. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Doh!!! I heard that! :p

But best of luck in locating a car. That really bites about the allocation getting cut like that. I'd be quite worried myself if my sales dude hadn't told me on Thursday that there is a car allocated to me that will arrive in the next delivery for sure. :)

12. jpeachman

jpeachman Junior Member

Jack! Do you happen to know what buying outside of California will do to your emissions warranty (which of course covers the battery)? You may not care, but it's a big one for me, which is why, absent any real knowledge, I had pretty much resigned myself to staying in-state. It'd be great to find it's based on where I live rather than where I buy, though. It's nice to have options! (For those who might not know what I'm talking about, California--and I gather some other states that have adopted California emissions rules--requires a longer warranty on all the components of the emissions system than Toyota offers elsewhere, and it covers the expensive hybrid battery pack).

Joe

13. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    do not know how updated that site is either but through it I found 2 Seasides at $23141 in Rancho Santa Margarita Toyota's inventory (do not know what package that would be). I believe they're the same folks affiliated w/Longo Toyota, who sells at MSRP.

http://www.toyotarsm.com/en_US/

14. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Oh I didn't realize that was still going on in CA.

So what happens if I end up moving to CA with my Prius?

15. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    There's a Beaverton Toyota in Oregon, do not know if they sell @ MSRP. Have a Seaside priced at $22491 and another at $23141, 1 of them must be a package #2 or 3.

Beaverton Toyota
    4300 SW Murray Blvd
    Beaverton, OR 97005
    Toll-Free: (888) 289 - 9462
    Main #: (503) 626 - 7200
    Sales 888-2035243

http://www.beavertontoyota.com/Cont.htm

16. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Thanks. I ran across them earlier. They're pkg 6s.

But the site is valuable!

17. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Thanks anyway, tracysbeans. Now that I know I can get SOMETHING close to what I want, I'd rather not drive home that far in the middle of winter. Kansas is bad enough. I'm talking myself into wanting red. :)

Something even more attractive may turn up tomorrow morning. I now have five more leads. I think I'm going to luck out.

B)

18. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Ok no problem!! I'm just glad to see your going to get one someway or another!

So what are you going to do with your 04? Keep it too? Sell it? Trade it in? (Just curious) Also can I ask why your upgrading?

19. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

My what big ears you have, my dear. :rolleyes:

I'm a little worried for you now, to be honest. I would not count on anything until I had a VIN in hand. Why would my dealer not know what's coming (ONE car!), but yours does? If it can happen to "my" allocation, why not yours?

Then again, Longo's a heavy hitter and may get better info than my "little guy".
    Do you know how many cars are in that allocation? If it's more than, say, 6, your odds are much better to begin with. But I'd still triple-check. :unsure:

20. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    LOL, I'm not worried. I'll letcha know when it gets here. I think I may have exceeded my quota of worried phone calls to the dealer last week and the week before. "Is it here yet? How about now? Why? When?" :) Now I just wait. He said it was a good-sized allocation, whatever that meant, and that he had verified my car was in it. I didn't think to ask for a VIN. :blink: