1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP! me find an '06 ASAP: $50 finder's fee

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jack 06, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

[​IMG]
    Listen and sing along.

Hello, boys and girls. This is your old pal, Stinky Wizzleteats. This is a song about a whale. No! This is a song about being happy! That's right! It's the Happy Happy Joy Joy song!

Happy Happy Joy Joy Happy Happy Joy Joy
    Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy!
    I don't think you're happy enough! That's right! I'll teach you to be happy! I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs! Now, boys and girls, let's try it again!

Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy!
    If'n you aint the grandaddy of all liars! The little critters of nature... They don't know that they're ugly! That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumblebee! I told you I'd shoot! But you didn't believe me! Why didn't you believe me?!

Happy Happy Happy Happy
    Happy Happy Happy Happy
    Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy!

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Congrats.

You are going to have a great drive back.

3. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Congrats Jack,
    You should upload your 51 dealer list to the knowledge base- grin...

4. QED

QED New Member

Jack, very entertaining thread! Enjoy the new car.

5. andyman68

andyman68 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations Jack! You were very smart about finding a Prius! I've enjoyed following your search. Looks like you are getting a pretty good deal too! :)

Andy

6. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Hey, Wait! I beat Jack. I started looking about 10am on a Saturday morning and by 5pm that same Saturday afternoon I was driving off in my brand new Prius!!

Sorry Jack I beat your search and locate quest! ;)

Now I wanna find one for someone else! :unsure:

7. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Jack, im very happy to hear, after that long discussion over how far you were willing to travel to get your Prius, that you found one in your backyard. The Power of Priuschat triumphs again!@!@

8. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yeah, but now it's leaving with Jack! Tolerating Fresno since 1988.

Congrat's Jack, wish I would have read this thread sooner would have met you at the dealership just to say Hey!

Wildkow

9. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Well, it got unexpectedly more interesting at the end.

Boarded Amtrack train, 6:30 am. It was one full hour late on a scheduled 3-hour run!..A sales guy had to wait an hour for me in Fresno. (I called him on cell phone to alert him).

Most of the way down: what I'll call "white car buyer's remorse". The thrill of having found a car, reasonably close, lower than MSRP faded. I could have HAD a red one (but with gray interior), but I'm stubborn and wouldn't swallow the dealer's $373 add-ons. I could have had a silver pine mica for MSRP. Driftwood and seaside never got into the picture, anywhere.

We pulled into the dealership and here are three whites and a red, right out front. I say, "Scott didn't mention the red; it must be a pkg 7 or 8, huh?

Driver Don: "Oh, no, that's a 3 that got dropped off a truck just before we closed last night."

Slight heart skip. "Er, can I have it? Have you done up all the paperwork on the white one?"

"It's yours."

And the inside's bisque, as I wanted all along.

Now, I'm not going to whine that I'm cursed, as some people do. But I've never been really lucky, either, outside of being born in the US, with no handicaps, and meeting my wife.

Made my day, week and month.

On a windless day in the high 50's, it got 50.3 MPG on the 245-mi. trip home, steady 65 MPH most of the way. Picked up a couple of stealth MPG in some stop-and-go gridlock.

Toyota of Selma (CA): good dealer. Brandon Bianchi (also of Selma): PCer who referred me. He's the one pictured with his wife (er, Brandon, is that your wife? B) ) with their white Prius in his signature.

End of story.

10. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It's awesome that you got THE car you wanted!! The new red is sexy, makes the Prius look very sporty. I prefer the bisque interior for both cloth and leather over the gray anytime. You must post a picture of your new red beauty! And CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm very happy for you! :D :D :D

11. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Thank you, Tom. Nice of you to type all that.

That red is just dynamite in the sun. I don't like "candy apple" on any larger cars; only sports cars. But this red---only in the sun---is different from most reds. I almost went into a trance staring into it. :blink:

12. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Welcome to PriusChat, Wildkow! Mebbe I'll drive down and cash in one of my free oil changes. :p (Doesn't everyone drive 500 miles for an oil change?) Do you know Brandon?

13. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

You're a sweetie. I'd like to meet you (and hubby) next time I drive down to Long Beach to see CSULB-attending daughter. Could be in a few weeks.

Now let's work on yours.

OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

14. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  15. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I was so happy when Gerard at Carlsbad Toyota told me that the Salsa Red 05 on lot had just become available. I can't say that I love the bisque interior but I love the car overall.
    I am still driving 40+ mileage to go to Carlsbad for service because the Outlet Mall is right next door!!!
    Seeing as how you have a great car, wife and family (and lots of PC friends) I would say that you are a fairly lucky man :)

16. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    OoHMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . .

Don't know Brandon, yet, but like his taste in Prii. I got the Super White #7 with Gray interior and he has a #8. Don't know about leather in this Valley still getting skin grafts on my A$$ from the last car I got into with shorts on in Mid-August. I'm thinking about calling it "Cracker" seriously I have never had so much fun driving an automobile, since Jan 2, I have put 1835 miles on mine. I just did a trip up to Stockton and over to the Bay area this week (over 500 miles total) and got almost exactly the same MPG as you.

Wildkow

17. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

That's 73.4 mi./day, every day. Do you sleep in it? (That's one of many inside PriusChat jokes---we even have a poll on that one).

18. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    No, but now that you mentioned it don't the front seats fold flat? May have to change my response in the Martial Status Poll if I keep rolling up the miles like this. :rolleyes:

Wildkow

Check out my first mod!

My First Mod!

19. tunabreath

tunabreath New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congratulations, Jack. Don't forget to change your sig. :)

20. jpeachman

jpeachman Junior Member

Congratulations, Jack! You really worked for it--enjoy! B)

Joe