1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help me find the custom computer boards I installed in '06 please

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Trukinbear, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Trukinbear

Trukinbear Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi guys, I'm in the process of moving stuff over from my 05, to a newly acquired 07. Back in 06 I installed 3 custom computer boards into the 05, one gave me an EV mode by pulling back on the cruise stalk, one bypassed the lawyer and not while driving screens on the NAV, and the third locked the doors at around 12mph. These were all commercially available modules at the time, the NAV one I remember installing is in line behind the MFD - but where should I look for the other two? I barely remembered I did it, or had them (you get used to them) but now in the 07 I MISS them. Anybody remember where these went?
    Thanks,
    Trukinbear

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Coastal E Tech was the company. I looked at their site and they don’t appear to have Prius versions of their products any more. You could try emailing them and inquire about it.

https://www.coastaletech.com/index.htm

3. Trukinbear

Trukinbear Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thank you, I was drawing a blank as to who I got them from. I've sent them an email with my fingers crossed.

4. Trukinbear

Trukinbear Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    No reply as of yet - I wouldn't need to contact them as I see there is a video of this install in a post as a sticky at the top of the page but the VIDEO DOES NOT PLAY, and I'm not the first to say it but whoever controls the stickies must not have read it.

5. Trukinbear

Trukinbear Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yeah, no reply to my email.

Searching this forum brought up lots of dead links to videos that were no longer there, luckily searching Youtube directly yielded better results. I found them, the two modules are together in that lower right plug under the dash where they share that additional pin, and have 4 line taps between them. The third one I remembered was inline to the MFD. My 07 doesn't have NAV, so I don't need the NAV lawyer screen bypass, and not while moving bypass unit if anyone wants to buy it.