1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help me turn off the back-up and seat-belt alarms!!!

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by rubdr, Jan 19, 2012.

1. OWG

OWG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Had mine done by the dealer as part of the purchase of the car. Had to send them a link to the codes though, as they knew nothing about it.

2. DanaCallo

DanaCallo New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I agree, it is most annoying. My F150 beeps in reverse only when you are about to hit something - now THAT is helpful!

3. btcompute

btcompute Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I turned off both the backup beep and the seatbelt beep using a $28 scantool I bought on the web along with the included software loaded onto my notebook pc.
    In reverse I just get one beep, then silence.
    The seatbelt warning sounds 5 short beeps if I don't put the belt on. No longer getting the annoying constant beeping.

4. graham hendren

graham hendren Geeman .. taximan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    lol i tried this for the seat belt and it sounds like the sould comes from just under the main display unit . so takint that out would be a fooking nightmare / i wish i could tell you good news but all i am getting is the same sxxxt and no one seems to have done it

5. CivicSky

CivicSky Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I wonder if the "original" 2010+ Prius share the same electronics with the V. I disabled mine years ago used an ELM scanner and a specialty software. If you are in San Diego, I can disable both the reverse beeps and seat beltCcharm for you for free.

6. Prius_for_me

Prius_for_me Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I had mine turned off at the dealer at my first service.

7. MortenAZ

MortenAZ Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I really appreciate this. I just successfully turned off both the continuous backup beeps, as well as the seat belt reminders. I'm aware of both, and don't need a reminder. The back up beep is very distracting.

One point that I'd like to make is that I was not able to access my cheap ebay on my Android phone running 6.x, but was able to do everything on a cheap moto G that I bought for the gym (wifi only).

I also didn't get the exact feedback or I would get no data feedback...sorry, didn't take notes.

In the end it worked, so I'm super happy.

Thank you!

8. S.Bell

S.Bell Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    There is also an app for tweaking the backup beep away. I don't remember the name of it. It was free in Google Play.

SM-N910V ?