1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help me understand QFS - quantum financial system

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Deleted member 111882, Jun 16, 2021.

1. So I'm trying to make sense of how transactions, loans, etc. will look different under the QFS. In order to (attempt to) understand QFS, I've watched these videos:

I guess I'm trying to figure out which questions to start asking. So, under QFS, what happens to people's checking accounts, like, where do they get stored if there is no middle bank? How will transactions look different? How is the "category" of the transaction accounted, and how does the end user actually manage it? How do we know that the QFS Cloud won't somehow get hacked once online, or, if there's a huge power outage, are certain transactions just not allowed? I just want to see how money, transactions, and access to my bank account or an ATM would change, and so maybe that's enough to get this discussion started.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    never heard of it. i guess it's time for google :oops:

okay:

1) china, that's bad

2) can't find anything but conspiracy sites, that's worse

3. hkmb

hkmb Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just had a quick Google, as I'd never heard of it.

No credible news sites discuss it, but the sites that do talk about it say it's housed within the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB).

Because of my job, I know a lot about the AIIB. I'd know if it had developed a Quantum Financial System. It hasn't. And if China had developed something really clever and advanced and secret that would change the way banking worked and give it control of the financial system, the last place it would be deployed would be in an underfunded multilateral development bank that has among its members countries that really don't get on with China, such as Australia and India.

I don't know whether this is just an anti-China conspiracy theory or some sort of elaborate scam. It doesn't really matter either way, so I'm not going to spend any more time finding out. What's important is that the "Quantum Financial System" does not exist. If anyone tries to tell you otherwise, avoid them, and have a good think about anything else they might have told you.

Hope this helps. I thought I'd post for the first time in a very long time as I hate to see people getting scammed, and that's definitely a risk here.

EDIT:

The third video is legit, but it's not about the "Quantum Financial System"; it's about quantum computing and the impact the increased capabilities of quantum computing will have on banking. And I think the first video has nothing to do with the "Quantum Financial System" either.

#3 hkmb, Jun 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I keep toying with the concept of an automotive maintenance/repair place called something like “Quantum Motors”, just to toss out “quantum mechanics” every so often…

interesting word:

Quantum - Wikipedia

jerrymildred, Trollbait and bisco like this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it's the complete explanation of the origin of the universe ;)

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  6. hkmb

hkmb Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    [​IMG]

"A Little Bit Of Something To Cheer You Up" would have meant exactly the same, but wouldn't have sounded quite so cool.

(Also "Sorry - There Was A Writers' Strike When We Made This, So There Is No Plot" would have been a more accurate name, but that's beside the point.)

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  7. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Actually laughed out loud @ "credible news site...."

Sorta like...."Public Health Expert....."

8. makaylakylie

makaylakylie New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The quantum financial system, has become a technical buzzword, especially in the field of finance. The growing popularity of such technologies has also greatly exacerbated the problem of cybercrime. The more we depend on digital media, the more opportunities for cybercriminals to get away with it. Some believe that quantum technology can solve problems with security, processing power, and data efficiency. Let's see if that's the case.

9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that was a good complete non explanation, thanks! :p

hkmb likes this.
  10. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  11. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    for those interested in the new discoveries, some breaking the present laws of classical sciences -
    since you asked -
    here are some links to some quantum things that might help some in understand where machine learning powered by AI is taking humans these days.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_computing
    ever heard of the new broker terminals that predict market trends a few days in advance?

and other assorted quantum stuff that may be of interest
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mechanics
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_field_theory
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_engineering

please add to the list any quantum subjects that interest you.

and for those interested in covid
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Pasteur
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chirality

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_decoherence#:~:text=Decoherence%20can%20be%20viewed%20as,energetic%20state%20of%20its%20surroundings.

:sleep:

12. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Quantum mechanics is a real subject (and kind of famously befuddling). I made it to graduation without actually having that class, and so (like a lot of people) have had to fill in my understanding less efficiently on my own.

Quantum computing, also a thing, which I try to keep kind of peripherally aware of, but haven't signed up for a class on yet. Thinking of doing that, just to keep brain cells working, though I don't anticipate making a career move into that field.

By the same token, for as long as it's been around, "quantum" has also been a really popular seasoning to sprinkle into any kind of technobabble-based scam.

Someday I'll probably find time to write more about one I had the (dubious) pleasure of seeing up close a couple decades ago.

jerrymildred likes this.
  13. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    fbook should have gone with quantum instead of meta

Sapphire Dragon and jerrymildred like this.
  14. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If I'm not mistaken, quantum banking was developed using mathematics similar to that used in the creation of the Heisenberg compensator and the EPS conduit. :whistle:

15. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I think I remember what a Heisenberg compensator is, but I'm not certain.

16. Merkey

Merkey Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    And there is the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle which states that, in quantum mechanics, a particle's position and momentum can not be simultaneously known. I'm happy if I know where I parked my car.

17. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If cars obeyed the Pauli exclusion principle you would at least know there wasn't an identical car in the same lot.

18. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark
    https://www.thegreatcoursesdaily.com/subatomic-particles-the-quantum-realm/

https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/

as we humans dig deeper into the microscopic technologies and the macroscopic technologies, discoveries keep challenging many of the basic principles and laws of science that we once thought were universally true. Of course the universe is still a fairly large concept to grasp, tell me about it, duh ... and there are a lot of possibilities with huge potential for changes in our understanding of the universe around us, in us and beyond us, that there was no way of comprehending when the present laws were carved out in stone.

Have you ever read or heard a financial advisor talk or write about Quantum Finances? Besides on the u-tube !
    Did it make you want to hire an advisor to invest in the latest and best money making options available to ( secure your future? risk your future? )

#18 vvillovv, Feb 4, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2022