1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

help me with this mpg stuff, is mine low?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by narussian, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Don't forget there's also a breaking in period. Not only for the car, but also for you to relearn how to drive. And don't forget to check that the oil isn't too high. You might also check the tire pressure.

2. alsgameroom

alsgameroom Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Keith @ Jul 1 2006, 07:32 PM) [snapback]279830[/snapback]</div>
    I always get about 120 miles before the first pip disappears. the display is non linear and also affected by the bladder in the tank. I always stop filling when the pump clicks off and I usually fill with 2 pips left and she takes between 6 and 8 gallons.

Short trip tips: First of all, if you can, try to make more than one stop on your short trips thereby cutting down on these shorties!

If you are just running in and out of a store really fast you can remove the physical key from the fob while the fob is in the dash slot and leave your prius running. Just lock her with the key sitting there in EV mode most people won't even know she's running! This prevents the ICE from coming on and running for a couple of minutes when you cold start her.

I do this quite often :D