1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help! Multiple codes and engine misfiring-- is it all connecteD?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by swataa, Jan 12, 2023.

1. swataa

swataa New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi y'all!
    A bit of background-- I have a 2010 Toyota Prius that just did great on a 12k road trip for two months. Before that I had changed the spark plugs, cleaned MAF sensor and EGR and cooler, throttle body, and intake manifold.

She did great on the trip but recently has been throwing me engine codes-- I believe it started with a P0607, then a P0138, and now I have the engine misfiring codes of cylinders 3 and 4 and P0300. I have done some research and it seems like they might be connected-- needing new fuel injectors?? and replacing the downstream O2 sensor at least? Just looking for any insight anyone more experience might have to see if this is going to be a really costly fix or if fixing one or two of the codes might help the rest go away? lol wishful thinking?

Thanks!

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Believe it You have the dreaded blown head gasket issue I can almost quite surely say cost well depends on what route you take The couple of them depends where you are I guess really determines the cost how much you can hustle and let you know about cars I guess I mean it seems to what determines how well this works for most people. We've gotten one of ours through this and have three others they all have their issues. Good luck

tankyuong likes this.
  3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The P0607 and P0138 may well be related to each other. Their troubleshooting procedures in the repair manual mention each other.

Toyota Service Information and Where To Find It | PriusChat

Those aren't codes a head gasket issue would often cause. I'm not jumping to that conclusion yet. There are misfires, and head gasket issues can cause those, but so can all the other simpler things that make engines misfire.

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Take a look at your coils and one and two especially and all four see how much orange you have on your igniters coil.

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    What’s the miles?